Sandlands Vineyards - Fall 2022 Save the Date

This just hit my inbox!

Crazy that I had to wish list for a single bottle of Zinfandel. Guess yields are way down or something.

ordered what was available to me, which is never large even after several years of purchasing. Excited to get a single bottle of the Angelica allocated to me

Well, got the offer without the save the date, so all good thereā€¦

Happy with the allocations (e.g. 1 Angelica and 2 Nebbiolo), would be amazing to get a second (wishlisted) Angelica, but really not holding my breathe there

Order in!

Is that an encouragement or a boast?!

Ken, that was an outstanding write up, sounds like you had a rollicking good time with Tegan and others that day. I agree with you that Tegan has to be one of the best vintners in California currently. The Sandlands wines have been consistently fresh, balanced, joyful to drink IMO, and the wine geekery/passion is evident in the vineyard/grape selections. Seems like times have been hectic (type 2 fun lol) but excited about this release.

2 Likes

Popped in early grabbed mixed case (if my wish list items are granted), hoping for an extra Angelica and Zinfandel which seem to both be in short supply.

Yep, happened to me. Instead of following the link in the email, just went straight to Chrome and went to the Sandlamds site. Worked fine.

Iā€™ve been a buyer since the beginning but I never got a save the date or the allocation email. Wine Berserkers to the rescue, I saw this thread, went and logged in, and there still seemed to be good choices.

I think maybe there wasnā€™t still any Contra Costa Red Table Wine for me, but overall it was no problem, and I have quite a lot of Sandlands from all my past orders.

Held off as long as I could, but ultimately could not resist.

In for a mixed half case. Fits a really nice niche of fun, fresh, early drinking wines. Not to say they canā€™t develop/age, just that they donā€™t last long enough for me to find out! And the limited allocations keeps them special bottles, even at the great price point.

1 Like

Love Sandlands wines and was excited to put an order in. Gotta say that $9 a bottle shipping might change my ordering habits in the future. I know this is the future of buying direct from small producers but it adds up fast. Sandlands wines are a till a relatively good value, but it does bump the price up considerably.

Got my second Angelica on the wishlist :cheers:

1 Like

Was sort of bummed with my allocation (2 red table, 2 chenin, 1 neb), but had all of my wishlist requests granted including an Angelica. Really excited to have these arrive.

2 Likes

I bought seven bottles and Golden State Overnight shipping came to $5.86 per bottle. Not especially cheap, but not too bad. How many bottles did you order, and shipped to which state?

Did you get an email confirming your wishlist?

1 Like

I got an email confirming the additional charge/change to my order

4 bottles was $38 to MN, but I got 2 more today from my wishlist at no additional shipping charge so that brought the shipping cost per bottle down a bit.

1 Like

Yup.

2 Likes