Save The Date- 2018 Scarecrow M'Etain

I expect so. The 87.5% premium over 2 750mls that scarecrow had this year was the largest I had seen from any producer!

If they keep the same premium would mean the M.Etain mags would be $730 each. $130 more than the critically acclaimed LMHB 2019, or Mouton mags I purchased this year.

Scarecrow’s shipping might be the most expensive I have purchased from. Last years Scarecrow 3-pack was $100 and the M. Etain 2-pack was $65, shipped to Texas. Prior years were similar.

I’ll be passing on this offer. The wine style just isn’t my gig anymore.

TW

$750 per magnum… wow. [wow.gif]

1 Like

Passed on the mag. Did grab a 2 pack.

I passed on the 2017 Mag for Scarecrow, but would prob be tempted by the 2018 scarecrow mag, despite the premium, as its a birth year in our family. Will see if they offer it to me in March…

Grabbed a 2 pack. Easy pass on the magnum. [cheers.gif]

In for a six pack.
“Only” $59 for 3 day shipping (cardboard).

Also ended up grabbing a 2 pack. Had a 2016 a few weeks ago that made passing more difficult. Hoping to make it onto Scarecrow’s mailing list next February (that’s what they told me at least…)

1 Like

Mine was ‘only’ $55 (to TX) for a 2-pack order. I did look back thru prior order histories and in 2017 I had only a 2 pack and it was $65 for shipping. So, we should feel like we got a good deal, relative to prior years. Right?

$54 for 3-day shipping to the east coast doesn’t seem unreasonable given the OWC. I wish it was lower of course but it’s not egregious.

The price of the magnum sure is tho…

Took all 8 of my offered 750’s (a co worker is taking 2). Considered the magnum but couldn’t justify it.

May go back and wish list a couple more 750’s but still on the fence. If my gold and silver positions rip a bit more between now and the close of the offer, I may bite…

Split a half case with a friend. Cost per bottle is drastically reduced ordering the half case v the 2 pack for us.

I’ve never tried this wine or anything by this wine marker, so I can’t bring myself to spend $200/bottle on it. Maybe some day. Hope everyone who gets some bottles really enjoys them!

If anyone wants some of my allocation, feel free to PM.

If you haven’t tried Celia’s wines, you should.

Frank

How did you find out you may make the list for Feb?

Got 4 bottles ordered today. First time trying this wine. Very excited about this purchase.

1 Like

I got an email sometime before the Scarecrow release indicating the wait was around 3 years and that since I signed up in early 2018, that I should expect my first offer in 2021.

Thanks Frank

Passing on this one. Four 2packs, one 6 pack and two mags. Curious what the 18 crow will sell for.