Saxum Spring 2021

There are tasting notes and drinking windows on all of these on the website. Looks like G2 is the early drinker and described by JD as “nearly perfect”.

I got the email that I could buy starting 1/26 after finally clearing the list last year. Whatever the rest of you leave I will buy!

Clearing the driveway to backup the truck.
Buying all I can afford as always
2017 Bone Rock was amazing out of barrel FWIW

does anyone know what the allocations were for the white last year? thanks in advance

Was 2 bottles, first come, first served.

1 Like

Another beggar here, stuck on the waitlist. If anyone’s passing, I’ll gladly buy some in your place :slight_smile:

Thanks to the Berserkers who offered to hook me up!

I will likely not take my whole allocation. If anyone wants to split let me know. Since I will deliver to Domaine might be easier to find someone who stores there.

1 Like

Took my full allocation. My first was back in August 2019 and I’ve moved my way up to second wave.

Hmm… My guaranteed allocation only amounted to 14 bottles: 6 JBV, 2 each of G2, Booker, Heartstone and the white. I wished for more of all of them, but I’ve haven’t got a wish granted in a long time. Passed on the magnums. Everything was available just now.

Mine starts on the 26th, after y’all’s is over (this is my second release with Saxum after a long wait), and I will only be offered the James Berry and the G2.

cmon be an optomist,lol. i hope you get allocated more as i’ll be there on the 26th with you. champagne.gif

My order is in. I left a lot on the table for you guys waiting until the 26th.

Pulled the trigger on my allocation for those, this blend sound amazing champagne.gif

I love it. I bought my allocation plus a friend’s. Should have wishlisted a couple more like I did last year

As much as I love this wine, I can’t take my full allotment. I have no room in my cellar to store it. I still took two each of everything, but no 1.5s this go around.

Just wondering what a full allocation is now. I have been buying since 2006 and my offering usually runs between 12 and 18 bottles. I usually don’t take everything
especially since they introduced their $148 tier of wines, but I always buy at least a case. Not sure if I get lesser allocation because I don’t always take 100%. As I mentioned in post #29, I was allocated 14 bottles this time.

Also, I wonder how often people get wish list wines? The last time I got anything from wishing was in 2016.

I was allocated 16 bottles of the 750mLs: 4 JBV and 2 of everything else.

I hope that is not the case, I was only allocated 2 JBV’s and also wished for several Booker. [cry.gif]

I went back and forth on this release, thinking I do not need anymore $98 wines in my cellar, then I had a ‘15 Broken Stones and decided that yes, I in fact do.

I just made the list on the previous offering but did not buy.
My offer start Jan 26.
I not in a good position to put these in the cellar for a long time.
I am conflicted, do I buy and open early, buy something at auction with some age on it for not much more than the offer price, or just accept I will never drink even one Saxum ever.