Saxum Spring 2021

Read the reviews, some of Justin’s can be consumed early with a decant. Personally I think they all get better with 5+ years on them, but I’ve had some before that window and enjoyed them.

I opened this yesterday too and came to the same conclusion! Young wine and I really do think these need about 10 years but I had it in the house and gave it a good 4-5 hour decant before diving in. Great wine.

It shows up on Winebid.com occasionally, often for a very reasonable price (even with the auction markup). Look for some 2013 and 2014 bottles.

Second wave has more wines than expected.

What are the go-to bottlings in this offer?

a lot left i went james berry red and white

im a g2 whore. i was hoping for 3 jbv red and g2. wish listed these and more white.

Wish list granted in full! An unexpected pleasure.

did you get an email, yesterday, today?

Bump, because I’m waiting for wish list items also!

1 Like

Wish list email sent yesterday afternoon

Wish list email received on the 29th. They actually doubled my order which sounds generous, but my allocation this round seemed to be smaller than usual. I ended up buying about the same number of bottles as I did last Fall.

Interesting - do you think that a bunch of folks passed this year - or are they just changing things up and allowing folks to better dial in what they want by doing more ‘wish list’ stuff?

If true, I’m glad they allowed some/more wishing this time around. I was able to wish 3 bottles of Booker which was unexpected since I’m just in my second year on the list. What was a little strange though was only being allocated 2 bottles of JBV when I had been buying 3 bottles of everything during previous releases. Cheers!

They may be changing things up. They make so many different wines now. For years it was just JBV, Bone Rock, Heart Stone, Broken Stones and Booker and
occasionally Rocket Block. Now they’ve almost doubled what they make. I’d rather get 6 of something I like instead 1 - 2 bottles of everything.

I had a big wish list grant as well. Ended up with over 40 bottle equivalents across everything. I’ll have to throw a party in a few years.

They granted all of my wish list, which doubled my original order. I wonder if some folks didn’t order as much this year due to various reasons? Or, they under allocated? Or, upped production?

I am very pleased with this development, as Saxum is my largest portion of my cellar and consumption. Can’t get too much Saxum!

1 Like