Scam alert -- Grapeswine.com

Thats an amazing offer. Hopefully by next week it will be resolved and I won’t need any intervention.

Update: A REFUND!! Got it today.

Thank you all for your help and for the forum having the influence that it has (I told them about this post).

They’re terrified of Gellman.

Nah, it’s Todd and his team of Enforcers… Enough to make anyone in the wine world quake with fear.

I stopped in there recently and it appears to be a couple of guys in a semi industrial space on Post Rd. Very little wine on the shelves. To the extent that they are selling wine it appears to be a brokerage/online operation.

Definitely a Scam. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered four bottles of wine from Institution Wine and was billed $171.92 on September 7, 2019 . The wine did not arrive by September 26th so I contacted the company to inquire about the delay. I was told that the wine was out of stock and would be delivered in 2 or 3 weeks. Still the wine did not arrive. i again contacted the company on October 7th, November 5th and each time I was assured that the wine would be shipped in the coming weeks. The wine was never shipped. On January 13th, 15th and 30th, I again contacted the company offering that they could substitute several different wines of similar value that appeared to be in stock on their website. There was no response from customer service. I have repeatedly emailed and left telephone messages which the company has not returned. DO NOT GET SCAMMED - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!

You really should print out this thread and send it to the NY State Liquor Authority.

If the store in question is located in Norwalk, CT, what good would sending anything to the NYS liquor authority do? [scratch.gif]

This should be in a new thread unless it is associated with Grapeswine.com

The OP indicates it’s the same company.

I received 2 calls from them today. When I answer the phone nobody on the other end said anything. I don’t have any orders placed with them.

You can add another to this scam list. In all my time buying wine, this is the first time I have truly been scammed and I feel like an idiot.

TLDR - I ordered a case of wine a month plus ago. Texts, calls, broken promises galore for over a month. $500 order. I finally got the case and none of the wines were wines I ordered. Inside the case was a note explaining that they had to ‘make subsititutes’. So over a month goes by and no one can tell me you dont have the wine I requested? What the fuck.

Then - I realize there are 11 not 12 bottles in my case i ordered. Again, wtf.

Total dodge for a week now and I officially raised a complaint with BBB and also called chase bank to contest the charge entirely.

BE WARY THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SCAM

Good point. With several outfits’ names being thrown around, I got mixed up. But my guess is that the CT liquor authorities might be helpful.

FYI, BBB are a private organisation that “mediate” complaints. They have no clout other than publishing bad press (and monetising that process). Not to say that you shouldn’t submit one to them, but don’t expect them to actually achieve anything. Some of their practices can be quite predatory where false complaints are lodged, too

A complaint to the FTC is probably more in line with what you were aiming for: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Any one want to be of help here? I am at the end of my ability to work with this company and am truly hoping Chase will help bail me out.

I am also convinced 8 of the bottles of bruno paillard i ordered are fake. the labels just look wrong to me.

If anyone has suggestions of what to do next - short of a cc dispute and a BBB complaint, let me know. UGH.

FTC complaint will be issued and I will also be calling the CT liquor control board. i think this idiotic company doubts just how bored i am 2+ months into this covid shit.

When a dirty player underestimates the memory, documentation, tenacity, and integrity of a clean player, the former is taking a terribly adverse bet.

We need a lawyer. These guys are ridiculous.
1 guy goes by 2 names.

??

You mean you’ll complain to the FTC? I think that’s a waste of time, as they don’t have the resources to police small-scale bad business practices. They focus on nationwide issues.

In addition to the liquor board, I’d try the local DA or the state attorney general’s office.

The liquor board is key, via licensing power.