Scam alert -- Grapeswine.com

If they’re actually selling fake wine, I wonder if the wineries could be convinced to file a DMCA claim (or whether or not that would be covered—I suppose the argument would be they’re posting a fake label online … seems kinda shaky?). The winery reporting it to their hosting company and their website being taken offline would DEFINITELY get their attention.

Then you should contact the distributor/importer. They should be able to determine if they are fake and, if they are, they’ll be interested in the matter, I predict.

Here is the crown jewel of this bullshit, the “note” and the “replacements” for my delamotte bdb. Lol.
3037A82B-B8D2-44F9-BCE1-7A04F6EEA9D5.jpeg
DDC83025-0565-4596-8673-998ED4AAF0D7.jpeg

I’m rooting for you. I know you are angry and with justification. And, your post made me laugh out loud.

Go get 'em.

“But most importantly of equal or greater taste”…wow

Thanks for the PSA. Friends of mine have at times accused me of being tough on wine shops that are not prompt and on point with their service and communications. This thread is exactly why I am tough on that.

Be the fist of an angry God, I’m rooting for you.

[berserker.gif]

Just had a nice conversation with an agent from the CT liquor control board. Many, many complaints about these guys.

i guess it’s nice that the liquor control board is already aware of the problem, but it would be a lot nicer of they had a plan for dealing with it.

Be sure tell Chase that.

If they have a high enough pattern of chargebacks, their merchant card processor will toss them as a client, or change their terms. Even responding to them takes some effort & energy. So definitely push through a chargeback.

i contested the charge over a week ago when i could smell this was fishy. Told them I would pull it once i saw some wine. Then the whole incorrect case showed up with the note. I am continuing the credit card contest as the first line of defense.

The rest of my effort now is to take down a business that is scamming people. Don’t fuck with my wine hobby!

If you did not order the wine or agree to substitution in advance, and it was delivered unsolicited, you have no obligation to pay or return.

Can you explain, Victor? That is honestly the debacle I am in here. I also am holed up in a condo in chicago during covid and do not have ability actually rebox and ship. Any help here is certainly appreciated.

should also be noted the box came with no packing slip to prove what was inside. I am very afraid to return anything and have this company make some claim i didnt ship it back or whatever. i have lots of photos but am just holding for now.

If you did not order the wines or agree to them as substitutes in advance, and it was delivered unsolicited, you have no obligation to pay or return.

If you ordered other wines but received none of them, you are owed a total refund. The two batches are legally unrelated. Two wrongs make no right.

Total refund of wines not shipped but if he did get some of what he ordered he’s expected to pay for those right.

Sounds like no overlap between ordered versus delivered goods.

That’s just unbelievable that they would even think they could get away with sending you 11 different wines than you ordered. I can only assume that their logic was your 12th bottle so offensive that even sending you nothing is “equal or greater taste” :slight_smile:

I almost bought from them once before But was saved by An earlier Warning thread. Keep the pressure on them and I hope it all works out. I’d think Chase will certainly be on your side without issue.

If you have the time I’d love to hear what you ordered and what they substituted, are they even in the same ballpark? (I’m imagining not)

What’s funny is that Winex is blowing out some of that Rothschild bubbles today via email, so presumably the grapes people got it for a low price too and just decided it to switch it in, hoping the OP wouldn’t notice/care, or just be happy to get anything at this point.

I’d stick with the chargeback, and request a return shipping label/authorization, to send the grab bag back at their expense. If they decline to provide one, just keep it.

I wonder if that’s a form letter they have been sending out, and getting away with.

company is now asking me to send wine back. they did not provide a packing slip and no one will send me one. I don’t think they have any idea what they sent.

I can’t in good faith send this back with no packing slip. they will screw me. I think ill let the CC dispute play out.

The sender is legally responsible for all the costs, materials, and effort to retrieve the unsolicited merchandise delivery.

In a bait-and-switch business, the operator first entices buyers with under-marked goods, and then looks to substitute with different but over-marked goods. No loss occurs on the former, much profit occurs on the latter.