Scarecrow OWC Issues?

I sure hope that next time you resist the urge to make a douche comment.

I never received a damaged owc from Scarecrow, Schrader, Horsepower, etc. Are the odds really that high and I’ve just been lucky?

Tom

Scarecrow seems to be an issue this year.

Bump? Anyone ?

Looks like you need to pay more for shipping next year :slight_smile:

[snort.gif]

I Love this quote, but to be true damaged labels have an effect… deadhorse

My 9 bottles arrived today. No issues.
image.jpg

Saw on Instagram that AG got his VHR in today and there was some damage to the wooden cases as well

I had damage to one of the three wooden cases. The other two were in fine condition. Haven’t checked on the Magnum yet though.

For those with damage , have you contacted Scarecrow? Or just don’t care since the bottles/wine is all that matters ?

Last year’s Booker The Ones came in a wooden box that showed up as sawdust.
People may just be cheaping out lately on materials.

If you’re gonna cheap out on the wooden box, then skip it altogether and save me the shipping.

True but better the box break than the contents !

Have had similar problems with Rhys OWCs. Not enough head space for the bottles so the slightest amount of stress causes the wood to shatter. I drink mine so just an irritation.

Had 2 of 3 boxes broken… One had the bottom slats broken through, the other had the top edge off. Bottles seemed fine

Had three of five boxes broken - two on the bottom, and one on the top sides that holds the top on. The bottles look okay, thankfully, but I’ll be reaching out to Scarecrow to see what’s what.

I have never had a problem before, going back to 2005. Mine were shipped to an interim location. I will have to check.

I really don’t think the wood is “the” issue. Wineries have been shipping in wood for years with no few issues. Why Now? Shipping has become a major industry and an expanding one too. Speed (efficiency, $) is more important than how the package is treated. We see more damages on shipped products than in years past. Styrofoam is your best bet but I think there is a competition out there to see who can defeat the best packaging and destroy the product. The people we work directly with are great. We don’t know what’s going on in sorting room/shipping room, nor your delivery person.

Bumping to see if anyone has heard anything back from Scarecrow on how they plan to handle this. Fingers crossed mine shows up ok in NYC.