Scarecrow OWC Issues?

People never had issues all the years before with scarecrow. This year a lot of people have issues.

When there’s such a big change the one you ought to look for to blame is the producer. Not a random delivery person.

I’m heading to my offsite on Monday to check mine.

Those of you who already received your wines I assume you were on wave number one?

They are going to replace the OWC once new boxes are produced apparenly. Who knows when that might be. I’m not really concerned as the boxes are trash lately once I remove the bottles, but when the bottles are scratched from the debris it pissed me off.

The shipping box looks perfect so i think this is solely a case of cheaper product to make the OWC. My guess is after this go around they will be going back to the previous material.

Yea. Wave two ships Monday I believe.

Are they addressing the scratched bottles? Are they going to replace/ re-label? I would certainly push for it . . .

Back when I made my first purchase of Horsepower for the initial release my box came in a less than desirable state. The wood didn’t properly align on the outside, it looked like it was rushed when put together and there was some cracks in the wood. I never bought again, but not because of this. I just think that it speaks to what people are or are not willing to accept. It seems these producers are ok with this. As long as the wine is good I’m happy…but for others it’s not always about drinking the wines.

Do people routinely display the boxes? Arty boxes look nice but not our style of decor, so they end up taking up storage space. We got rid of a lot of boxes before downsizing.

Or is the concern over resale value?

Both . I know a couple of people who display wine boxes in their cellars .

Hopefully those folks can get replacements.

I got three 3-pks
They seem fine, but I didn’t play with them much.

I got an e-mail from them saying they switched to a more expensive packaging this year, but it didn’t function well with the styro (or whatever that stuff is) that holds it in place during shipping. They will ship new boxes but are asking that if we want the vintage tag to transfer that ourselves. Its fine with me. Shit happens. Plus, I drink my bottles.

Thanks . What’s the vintage tag?

The best wood was saved for making the wine itself. [snort.gif]

Mine arrives tomorrow. Along with the Maybach. Giggity…

Glad I wasn’t in wave 1. Picking mine up from Vinfillment sometime in April. I’m assuming mine will have survived the 30 min drive from the winery to the distribution center…

Thanks . What’s the vintage tag?

A small oval, flat piece of brass that has the vintage date engraved on it. It’s affixed to the front of the case. See the case image on the previous page in this thread.

I was told the same…also that it would be a few weeks.

Me too ! [snort.gif]

You all going to drink a bottle right away? I have a 3 pack coming (Wave 3) in the next week or two, my first scarecrow purchase ever, and not sure if I should cellar all 3 or have one right away (this year).