scarecrow

You might be surprised but there is still a pretty big market for Scarecrow and some of the other named wines outside of WB.

This isn’t “way over” release price.

Like you, it doesn’t matter to me either. If anyone wants to drop the coin on any of these, by all means, go for it. I was simply stating that the waiting list idea for the vast majority of these hyper-expensive cab cults is quickly becoming useless. I’m sure we can all agree that there are 100+ producers that make quality juice without all of the fluff. And, that’s great too. I say buy what you want, drink what you like, and if it’s worth it to you, all the better. Cheers!

People always like to “pick on” or start rumors about the wine/guy they have been priced out of and feel personally vindictive when it’s just business. Funny enough, having a few friends that are former employees and one that is a current employee, that have no reason to tow a company line with me and my SO, the exact opposite is actually true. They have been at between 125%-150% of demand for the last few vintages. There is a lot of money in the world, just because the micro community here is priced out or no longer purchases doesn’t mean a winery that makes under 2000 cases is having a problem selling their wine.

Outside of WB? I’ve heard of such places but assumed they only existed in myth. neener

Is this what you mean by
the ship has sailed ?

2007 Scarecrow 100 points Parker
2008 Scarecrow 93 points Parker
2009 Scarecrow 92 points Parker

To be accurate, Parker actually gave the 2009 96-100, but then before it was finally bottled he gave up reviewing Cali to AG… who then gave it a 92.

So it should actually be:

2007 Scarecrow 100 points Parker
2008 Scarecrow 93 points Parker
2009 Scarecrow 92 points AG

??

indeed

2010 Scarecrow 96+ points AG
your data was incomplete

Thanks for posting the new score, I was not aware of that it was already scored (not an ebob subscriber).

who said I was a subscriber? [whistle.gif] [wink.gif]

Anyone recall when the release date was?

Tom

15 minutes from now, 12 EST

I had the 2007 Scarecrow on Saturday night. It merited its 100 point RP score. Better with air as expected. Rich, complex and long. Seamless. Gorgeous. No hurry, but no real reason to wait either.

Byron

Been buying since the 2007 vintage but did not get an email or snail mail yet… I did get the snail mail announcing the March release though.

I just got home from a trip to Dallas to visit some clients and I was surprised to see a letter from Scarecrow on my desk in my office.

Opened it up… and it says I’m invited to purchase April 23- May 2, first come first served.

It’s amazing how many waves there are for this. It seems to be spanning at least two months. I passed this year so I’m back at the bottom of the waitlist I suppose. Kind of a silly model, but that’s been discussed plenty. My feeling is meh.

my first offer. worth 250/btl?

No.

Got the same postcard last night and having the exact same debate. Really doesn’t contribute much to the discussion, but I do appreciate the advice others have provided on this thread.