scarecrow

Drinking this right now. If you like huge raspberry and mocha on the palate with alcohol running on the back this is the wine for you. The texture is silky and soft. Starts out thin but immediately explodes. This wine is massive. Almost as massive as the bottle

If you like big ass napa cabs this is a wine for you. Much better than the 09

Why in the world would anyone buy Scarecrow at $250 when you can buy Schrader for $175??? Just asking…I was on both lists and I reluctantly dropped Schrader after 3 years on the list…when Scarecrow hit $200, I bailed…frankly, if I’m going to pay $250 for a bottle of wine, it would be older Bordeaux or Rhone champagne.gif

Although I dropped off the list I had a bottle of the 2008 Scarecrow tonight. It was spectacular, with great depth, expressive fruit, and a lovely finish. 95+.

Iteresting that this thread popped back up. I remember getting the reminder letter for the upcoming offer, but don’t remember getting an offer. Like others have said, Lots of great juice out there for a lot less coin. However, each bottle that I have opened have been tremendous. They do make good to great wine.

I had an 05 I bought last year and it was everything you want from a great wine. Is it worth the cost now? If you can afford it sure but count me out.

I had the 2007 Scarecrow on Friday night along side a 2004 Araujo, 2004 Shafer Hillside and an 2004 Schrader To-Kalon.
Probably the best nose out of all the wines, with great fruit balance and was very elegant, no signs of being over oaked as there was in the 2006 vintage.
Agreed that the price has gone past what I would say I like to pay, but I’ve had the 2007 4-5 times over the past year and a half, each bottle has given the same experience.
The 2003 I had last year was exceptional and still has another 10+ years.

Cannot say that this bested any of the other wines that were opened as all unique in their own way. The 2004’s have held up nicely and are drinking great!

Cheers