Screaming eagle

If you need a place to park it I’m not using the helipad on my yacht right now.

OP needs to correct the op as it is clearly not $100 over release.

then again “above list” doesnt mean anything

So Screaming Eagle has a list price of $2500 per bottle according to the OP, and a release price of about $1050 according to those on the mailing list. Using American marketing, that means you can buy Screaming Eagle at 58% OFF!!!

Sham-WOW! Too bad Billy Mays isn’t around to push this opportunity. Operators are standing by.

2 Likes

I remember the good old days at $75 a bottle

Do not feel bad - enjoy it - you are precisely intersecting in the outer ring of information of this conversation.
I will add a bit to this. We have quite a mailing list of folks who for years offer to us their allocation
from the winery. Generally through the end of January and into February they receive offers.
To date, the only correspondence we can confirm is the winery notifying some customers - “you will
not be receiving your offer this year due to the fires”

Thus - putting my best detective cap on - offers are going out from retailers on stock they hope to obtain,
and prices that they anticipate will be fine.

Although, I may have not recovered my last Peyote trip… and have no reason to state this as fact.

2018 allocations are live.

There needs to be a helicopter board emoji.

Yup, allocations are out. $1,150 a bottle ($3,450 a three-pack). $100 premium above the 2016.

1 Like

This is probably the only Screaming Eagle in my price range

1 Like

Three pack, with shipping and tax is $3857.94 from the winery.

1 Like

Thank you,
And we are paying the lucky few who receive an allocation
we are paying $6,700, plus we supply a Fedex label for shipping.
We add about $1,000.oo to our total costs, and ship to clients
through out Asia and England, Europe, (I have not finished my morning coffee -
so I forget if England is part of Europe or no longer?)
That is quite a nice profit and all folks need to do is pass along the paper work…
Life should be so easy…

Did anyone see last week the new owner of the N.Y. Met’s, he was getting clobbered
by the Democratization of investing, shorting that GAMESTOP, and he had to borrow
a few Billion - he said “I’m just trying to earn a living” Me to.

Gulp, 6 bottle allocation!!! Are people not buying these?

What do you mean?
We will happily buy your allocation at a handsome profit for you
William

please contact me william@williamgladstoneimports.com

Lots of buying, selling and not much drinking SE. No thanks.

How is this different from the evil practice of flipping? Some wineries would cut you off if they found out you were reselling your allocation. I guess if you’re
buying wine for $1100 a bottle you’re not buying it to drink. Maybe they are selling it to drink either.

A mere $3,807.97 to Northern CA…what a bargain! And that’s including the $5.59 in “shipping tax”.

I do wonder how much of the mystique of SE is wrapped up in the long waiting list - which requires significantly “below market” pricing to ensure slow turnover. IOW: If they raise the prices to market price or close, I wonder if that pulls a thread that unravels the whole thing–and would actually put significant downward pressure on the market price. Production isn’t /that/ small … it’s really a self-fulfilling cycle that derives its entire legitimacy from the fact that people want it and can’t get it.

Even if you’re a point chaser, the merits of which are certainly for another thread, per RP/VN/WS, you can easily buy a case of equally rated (so 95-100pt) not just wine but California Cabernet for the “market” price of a single bottle of Screagle. So while there is a bit of an exponential price curve to points on wine, this is way off the curve and seemingly built nearly 100% on mystique.

[and yes, I do own a few bottles of SE and bought them with open eyes that I felt like it was a “bad investment.” IMO wine is equal parts art and science and like it or not, eyes eat/drink first … so for certain occasions/tastings/etc, I do/will find value in owning them]

I can imagine walking into my giant (hypothetical) wine cellar and being excited to see crates of SE, DRC, Petrus, etc. But, even in this hypothetical world, I fear that I would have a hard time ever opening a bottle because the experience would almost certainly fall short of the expectation. I applaud those who buy and actually drink these wines.

********But, even in this hypothetical world, I fear that I would have a hard time ever opening a bottle because the experience would almost certainly fall short of the expectation. *********

Very wise words…indeed. [winner.gif] …despite the fact that many things are relative.