Screaming eagle

So many interesting things going on with Screaming Eagle. Seems like more demand than in the past (maybe due to COVID, 2018 vintage, lack of 2017, etc.).

One of the harder decisions I had to make was whether to sell my remaining two bottles of 2006 Screaming Eagle (I consigned a number of higher priced wines). I bought those on release at $750. Had one probably about 7 or 8 years ago with some friends. I liked it a lot, but not to the extent of the multiples of the price compared to other high-end CA cabs. However, my friends still talk about that night, so there definitely is that special occasion/memories factor that not many other wines have.

That said, I decided to keep those bottles and plan to drink both (one hopefully this year for a special occasion).

1 Like

Yeah, I got that too. Odd if some aren’t getting any allocation that I got double my usual.

How long you guys been on the list?

Tom…good decision. That is what I called : to give face to your friends … [worship.gif]

1 Like

First bought 1996 vintage.

Yeah, it’s good but there are many other Napa cabs = to or better at significantly lower prices and available. It’s all about the 15+ year waiting list, the relatively low production (~ 1,000 cases) pricing well below auction value, and yes, the SE mystique. But if Kroenke wanted to price it up to auction levels, the long waiting list would shrink like a pair of dockers in hot water. I understand though, he’s not hurting for cash.

1 Like

What was the price of the 2018 allocation?

2018 - $3,450 per 3 pack
2019 - $3,750 per 3 pack

2 Likes

When did you join the mailing list please