Seattle Offline Tasting - Saturday, October 19th

I’m in Lyon at the moment, and have access to lots of great Northern Rhône wine, but I’m not super familiar with the region. If anyone has any requests for a bottle or two that are hard to get in the states for 30-100€, for all to enjoy at this tasting, let me know by Friday.

There’s a slim chance I can make this tasting, would love to if I can. Been a while since I’ve seen any of the Seattle gang.

I’m good w N Rhone. I have lots of aged reds, however not much in the way of whites unfortunately.

Good w Peter’s this time, turns out my wife is planning some interior painting that week.
Happy to host next - maybe when together we can plan say a mid January event?

What time of day should I pencil in for this?

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was in the mountains for the last five days.
I suggest an afternoon start, perhaps 4:00 PM. Everyone please give input, as I’m flexible on timing.

I think 4:00 PM is great.

Cheers,

Hal

4 works for me, but flexible on start time.

4pm sounds great.

Should we set it as pot-luck style for people to bring some food (if they can)?

Food contributions will be most welcome. Perhaps we can post over the next few weeks so that we get a range.
I’d also welcome someone coming early to help with set-up, which will probably involve moving furniture.

I’ll be happy to come early and help set-up.

I’m bummed that I won’t be able to make this. Hopefully next time!

4p sounds great to me.

I’m going out to dinner with a couple of out-of-town wine buddies that evening. If we bring tasty N.Rhone selections could I bring 2-3 friends for the first couple of hours? I’ll have to verify their schedules, hopefully we can make it if there is space available.

Yes. :slight_smile:

Sheela & I can bring food. Will discuss with her when she returns from out of town trip and post what we’ll bring. We can come early to help set up.

I’m guessing more the merrier Travis.

Mark & Scott, sounds like you guys are going to be in town?

If anybody knows what food they’ll be bringing, mention it here and I’ll update the 1st post to make sure it’s all in one spot.

I’m awaiting boss sign off. I fly to London the next morning for a week so it’s touch and go in finding the right opportunity to obtain such approval. :wink:

Yes, confirmed I’ll be in town and my wife will join me.

We can make space, plus, not everyone will come at the same time. One reason for starting early is to allow plenty of time for leisurely exploration.
One factor, though, with a larger group is that pours will be small, or alternatively, not everyone will taste every wine. That is not necessarily bad. There are often too many wines to appreciate in one sitting.

My wife will be joining me. We plan on bringing a Condrieu and a Hermitage. For food, we’re leaning towards lamb stew or braised lamb shank, since both will pair nicely with the wines. Any chance we can use the stove to reheat it, or should we plan on bringing it warm?