Seattle Offline Tasting - Saturday, October 19th

Turns out I have a pretty decent, 10 year old St. Joseph blanc to contribute.
For reds, 15-20 year Cote Rotie, Hermitage, Cornas. I’ll bring an assortment and we can decide which to open.

I’m not going to have a chance to cook this time around so it’ll be something simple/store bought.
But it sounds like the food is pretty well covered.

Lastly, it looks like Yvette won’t be able to make it. I’ll try to be there by 4.
Start thinking about what weekend in January you want - probably latter half.

Looking forward to it. I’ll get there around 4p. I can make it earlier if you need some help Peter.

Am I correct that Koybayshi winery makes a Marsanne? Please bring.
Hope you can leave early and avoid traffic. Maybe the game will go into overtime again.

The game should be over by half time :wink:

Let’s hope…Go DAWGS!!! :slight_smile:

I’ll bring a bottle of his 2018 Viognier. Drank all his Marsanne - it was really good.

My wife and one daughter have Masters degrees from U of W. The other daughter has a law degree from Oregon.
My loyalties are split

Does everyone have the address?

Will arrive close to 4, bringing an Hermitage blanc.

With apologies for the last minute notice, I am out for today due to a death in my family. I wish you all well and look forward to any notes on the festivities.

Sorry to hear that, Eric.
Keep in touch for January at Jim’s.

So sorry for your loss Eric. :frowning:

I’ve pivoted on the lamb slightly - going to bring a garlicky roasted leg of lamb sandwich, since that will still go great with the wines, but be a lot easier to eat, and a lot less cleanup for everyone.

Sorry to hear Eric. Maybe see you at Jim’s in January.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone tonight. Looking forward to the next offline!

Thanks to Peter for hosting. I had a great time. Wines were great. I wasn’t able to get pictures of every wine but here are the ones I did:

Whites
2018 Kobayshi Viognier There were two bottles of this. I think Travis and Scott brought them.
2017 Walter Scott Freedom Hill Chardonnay
2015 Domaine Des Tourettes Hermitage Delas
2006 Comtes De Champagne Tattinger Blanc de Blancs
2015 Saint Joseph Domaine Bernard Gripa
2016 Chery Condrieu Andre Perret
2009 Saint Joseph Les Oliveiers Pierre Gonon
2016 Saint Joseph Guigal Leiu Dit

Reds
2011 Saint Joseph Pierre Gonon
2007 Hermitage Arena Mica J Boutin
1998 Vin de Pays Des Collines Rhodaniennes Sotanum
2005 Cornas Noel Verset
2013 Hermitage La Petite Chapelle Paul Jaboulet
2006 Crozes Hermitage Nouvelere Paul Jaboulet
2008 Cornas Domaine Du Tunnel Stephanie Robert
2010 Cornas Renaissance Clape
2010 Saint Joseph Vielles Vignes Domaine Faury
2013 Cornas Premiere Domaine Durand
2012 Cote Rotie La Divine Jean Luc Colombo
2004 Cote Rotie Jean Paul Jamet
? Cote Rotie Les Journaries Benard Levet
1999 Hermitage Le Greal M Sorrel
1998 Cote Rotie Jean Paul Jamet

Jim also pulled out a 2000 Chave Hermitage and Peter opened a 1963 Port. Both very nice.

My favorites of the night were the 1998 Jamet Cote Rotie. The 1998 Sotanum was very nice. Of the whites I liked the 2015 Bernard Gripa best.

Thanks for hosting Peter. Great to catch up with Berserkers again and meet some new folks.

My red WOTN was the 98 Janet. White WOTN was the Perret Condrieu. A ridiculously fun lineup of wines.

Thanks to Peter and Terrance! Thanks to all for the terrific array of wines and foods! I agree with Scott’s WOTNs. I don’t drink much condrieu so was really wowed by the Perret.

Thanks Peter for hosting! Great lineup. Really enjoyed the 98 Jamet CR, the 2000 Chave Hermitage, and the Perret Condrieu as well.
Great seeing the old faces and some new ones!

Yes thanks again for Peter for hosting. Very generous to open the 1963 Port. It was very nice. I was surprised how many of the wines pushing 20 years tasted so fresh. I would have guessed they were 5 year old wines.

Thank you to Peter for hosting and to everyone for bringing excellent vino. What an incredible tasting!!! The Seattle Berserker group rocks! I was socializing too much to get to try everything, but the Verset rocked my world.

It was great meeting everyone, what a friendly crew. Thank you Peter for hosting. Thank you Brian for posting the selection. I was, like many others, blown away by the 1998 Jamet. The Cornas selection re-sparked my interest in Cornas (I’ve had some unimpressive bottles lately).