SF Bay Area Tasting / Study Group

Hi GregP, There’s a restaurant in the Concord/ Clayton area I go to that might be interested, and their food is terrific. Let’s chat after the holiday weekend because I can also think of a couple in Clayton if that’s not too far for everyone.

Absolutely! All options should be on the table.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

Kyle, I’m also in San Francisco and would be interested in tastings in the city. If we have a few others on here, maybe we can put something on the books.

Jon and Kyle,

We have a second home in SF and, as things are getting back to normal, hope to be out there more often. I would be interested in participating (and have a few friends who might be too). Thanks.

Send me a DM when you’re in town and we will make it happen

Can’t wait to join. I’m based in Walnut Creek.

I would like to volunteer my son. He just moved to the city and is an avid, if rather neophyte to formal tasting.

He is 23 and has a good palate and is a pleasant chap!

I am in town from Oct 19-23 and would love to join if a tasting were happening then…

I promise to stop by Wine Bank beforehand :wink:

1 Like

Located in San Ramon and also very interested in joining any tastings in area. Will send a PM to Greg.

I would love to join this as well. I’m industry, and work for a Napa winery now - so am aiming to join some groups to keep my palate up to date.

1 Like

I live in Reno Nevada. If near the San Fran area I could make the treck down to join sometime!

Hello everyone -
I would also be super interested. I’m in Tracy but East Bay is great. I’m a CMS and WSET student who owns a vineyard and wine brand in the Eola Hills.

Our cellar is pretty deep with everything from vintage first growths to oddball Turkish wines.

I also have my type 85 (online wine sales) abc license and am signed up with a bunch of distributors if anyone is looking for current release stuff I can pass on some good pricing.

Hi all - have recently moved to SF, and would be very interested in this. Have done the WSET qualifications, and love tasting new wines!

1 Like

I am in the South Bay / greater San Jose area and looking for some fellow intrepid wine drinkers!

This thread is east bay centered. There’s a here that normally does dinners in the Redwood City to San Carlos area about once every 6 weeks. They’re on hiatus, but in regular contact. A couple of our group are in Los Gatos, and another in Fremont, and I’m in Mountain View. We’ve done a few infrequent dinners in Los Gatos.

2 Likes

Posting this here in case there’s some interest. Not blind but open to all! San Francisco Offline - April 22nd 2022 - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

and I’m posting to flag this for myself in case one of these can cross during my major California trip—which I am tentatively hoping will be late October/early November of this year.

Also interested in a group that would be willing to take in a ~beginner who is looking to learn more about wine but whose current tasting journey is becoming very expensive (hard when its you or you + 1-3 people)!

I’ve organized a few tastings just with friends (i.e. Chardonnay at various price points, oregon vs ca pinot noir, a vertical tasting of ridge estate cab), but would love to join a tasting group (blind or otherwise) with people more knowledgeable than me.

Based in Redwood City and would love something down in this rough area. I see some suggestions above but I wanted to bump this thread with my context.

We had a group coming out of this thread that meant to get together, but it never happened. I’m always down to taste in San Francisco.

1 Like

I would also be interested in a group that is more beginner friendly. I am in Hayward but can pretty easily get around the Bay to wherever is mutually convenient.