SF Offline Feb 18 @ Zazie (no corkage)

We know him, and we don’t get his jokes either.

“This was tested in a number of experiments with cleaning on short-lived daughters?”

No, I’m not going in your basement. No, I don’t think there’s a free bottle of La Tache down there for me.

Honestly, all suggestions from both of you sound great. Thanks for kicking this off. Andy, while all of your suggestions are great, if you’re looking for any steering Nebbiolo is an area I’m very unfamiliar with and haven’t actually had any with significant (and proper!) age on it. So, I’d love the opportunity to try that. Otherwise all of the North Rhones sound great.

Rich, since you said you love drinking others’ Rhones - maybe Andy should bring one of those and you can pick up the Nebbiolo torch. :slight_smile:

I’m still debating on my side, maybe 2007 Clos Saron Heart of Stone Syrah. Maybe 2014 Yarra Yering Dry Red No.2. Or maybe Champagne :slight_smile:

I have a 2010 Rostaing La Landonne that might be fun in a side-by-side, though I do not want to discourage from bringing the older stuff!

I could bring La Chapelle too. Maybe time to check the 99 again as CT notes are good recently.

We’re only 5 days out now, very much looking forward to this!

I’d appreciate if people could please confirm their attendance so we know if there are any spots for the waitlisted folks. Thanks!

I’ll update the OP if people know what they’re bringing.

Howard and I are in.

I’m still in and looking forward to my first offline!

Excited for syrah and nebbiolo. Since most people seem to be bringing red, I’ll bring a white - 1995 Robert Ampeau & Fils Meursault 1er Cru La Pièce-sous-le-Bois. And since a 25 year old white burg is not exactly a sure thing, I’ll bring some Champagne too champagne.gif

Sounds great, looking forward to meeting you Brendan!

Confirmed. We’ll bring the 1998 La Chapelle to go with Craig’s 1999 and a 2007 Hirtzberger Riesling Hochrain.

Sounds awesome.

By the way, if you guys prefer all Chardonnay’s to compare with each other, I’m happy to bring the Chablis, just let me know!

I checked with Howard and he may bring an Aubert Chard. It’s not his usual thing but we‘re both interested in trying it.

Confirmed. Tentatively bringing the Rostaing.

Cool, looking forward to it!

Confirmed. Wine tbd but probably older Nebb.

Thanks for checking in. I’m impressed we’re at 100% confirmed!

Things come up, so people on the waitlist we may reach out to you last minute, but at the moment it’s confirmed full.

How are the stems at Zazie? Should we bring our own?

Found some very old (like 1999) notes about tumblers instead of real stems. Hopefully that’s changed, but let’s see what someone who’s been (like Craig) says.

I believe they have real stems but I always bring mine.