So Who Likes to Offline? City-by-city "database" PLEASE PM IF YOUR CITY HAS CHANGED

El Paso, TX. But, we go everywhere. It would be great to meet some of you at some point.

Kinda new to the WB group, but we have had over 20 off lines in Orange County at the Wine Cellar Club in Irvine, strictly inviting Cellartracker folks. In the future, I will definitely cross post to this forum to get better participation. I think it’s also about time I hit up a few of the other off lines that take place down here with Todd and Frank and Brig, et al.

Maybe akin to what Frank’s done with an Excel sheet in a dropbox for FallTacular, Todd? Could you set something up somewhere on the BB that just hyperlinks to something like that? I’m not the techie here, malheureusement (though I do have a copy of the Hacker’s Dictionary at home).

Great Idea Mike! I’m in Westchester County and NYC.

Always interested in offlines in Los Angeles and Orange County.

Mike, could you list all the folks who wish to be listed in the database by revising the first post and keeping it updated?

This would be much more useful as a “database” if all the replies were catalogued in the OP by Country, State/Province, City.

Are you freaking kidding me? I respond with the same ting and…

Nice timing guys :slight_smile: On it…right now…

OK, I’ve updated for what I have listed up to this point. Todd, I really do think there may be some merit in stickying in Wine Talk for a short period—there are so many more people who OL who may be unaware the thread is going at the moment----just thinking about the hordes in OC, Atlanta, DC, NYC, Boston, Houston, Tuscon, Chicago…just to name a few right off the top.

Add my name to the Sebastopol Sonoma list.

I would be into meeting up in Sonoma County or San Francisco (or Marin, for that matter).

But please don’t write out my full name in the list, on the off chance that anyone is ever bored enough to google me. Thanks!

Hey I don’t drink wine that I can’t pronounce so try 'n keep it simple OK. [stirthepothal.gif]

If I had that rule, pretty much all French and German wine would be out! Except maybe Domaine de l’A. Not to mention the Czech stuff. I’ve been trying to inquire after Slechtitelska Stanice Vinarska Zweigelt Pozdní sběr suché at all the wine bars, but they keep 86ing me.

Try ordering Bourgueil in a Paris cafe, with a client. By the end the waiter was just f’ing with me, but damned if I was going to abandon ship. (Vocabulary: decent. Accent: comme une vache Americaine. At least I know I’m not quite hitting the ball - or maybe I would have been better off asking for some of that Boor-gooey and just doing it louder each time.)

I live in Houston and am always down to meet up with people to eat and drink.

I make it to New Orleans quite often as well.

Tonight at a tasting, Catherine Breton’s daughter was nice enough to try to teach me to pronounce Bourgueil. She said it for me several times, I tried to repeat what she said, failed miserably at it every time, and gave up. [head-bang.gif]

1 Like

So next time you get to Flower Mound, give me a heads up. We can always put something together. If you know you are going to be in Austin, let me know. I can connect you to Kevin O’Halloran and Jay Forrest.

You can put me down for NYC. Happy to organize as well. IM me of I can assist.

Charleston area or Palm Beach County for us.

Please add my name to the following cities:

Boston: Where I live and easiest for me to attend an offline
Chicago / NYC / Philly / Baltimore: travel regularly to these cities and have attended offlines many times in each city (via different forums)
LA / San Francisco: travel a few times a year to these cities but always up for an offline if one happens to coincide with my travel schedule