Sojourn Cellars

Hasn’t arrived yet but I will post a TN when I open one. The two CT reviews sound good tho.

I’ve never had a bad QPR bottle from Sojourn tho so it’s hard to imagine this won’t be great value for $15.

How do you feel about the 2018 versus 2017 vintages? Looks like it may have been warmer in 2018?
Are Sangiacomo, Ridgetop and Gaps Crown warmer sites than Walala? Trying to keep the alcohol lower.

Finally a Sojourn thread!

I’m a fan. A big fan.

[cheers.gif]

Pinot? What’s your SVD favorite?

Cab?
All of the above?

Gap’s Crown and Rodgers Creek, these 2 cover the PN spectrum from big to subdued for me.
Flip a coin on their Cabs, I have yet to drink one I didn’t like.
Unfortunately the price point went haywire on a couple because of the continued inclusion of a certain growers name.

[cheers.gif]

Thanks Pete
I haven’t had the Gap’s Crown yet. I really liked the Sangiacomo. The Rodgers Creek was more rustic and funky. The plain Sonomo Coast is tasty and budget friendly.

Just had a 2016 Ridgetop Pinot that’s was excellent
I have not had their chardonnays. What is the style of these?

Make sure you visit the tasting room just off the Sonoma square. They take their time with you and you get to taste practically their entire lineup. I consider Sojourn as well as Auteur must visits when I’m in wine country.

We have a visit to Sojourn planned for late July so hoping that will still happen. Who knows.

The Chardonnays I’ve found to be crisp, citrusy, good acidity but not overly so.

I’m sitting on a 2010 Double Mag of Ridgetop, just waiting for the right time.

Sojourn was my first ever mailer. I signed up for the list at a Russell Bevan tasting in Sonoma 13 or so years ago. I concur with above comments on the Gaps and SanG. By the way, his ‘entry’ level Home Ranch cab screams QPR, even at the cost. That wine is always drinkable young.

dh

I have a 3 liter 2006 Home Ranch cab that’s begging for a special occasion…

So I guess this thread is OK to post what Sojourn are you drinking tonight.

2015 Home Ranch Cuvée

f’ing delicious

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

The chardonnays of theirs I’ve had tend towards the bigger California style, but with decent restraint. More oaky than I typically care for, but usually within reason. A bit more mineral and tart citrus. Not butter bombs but also not chablis. If you like that style, they’re well made and pretty interesting/complex IMO, but I tend not to favor bigger styles and these are near the bounds of what I like.

Yup the Home Ranch Cuvée is super tasty and great qpr.

Agreed

2016 Rodgers Creek Vineyard

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Just saw an ad for their rosé. Anyone had it? What’s the price?

Had a 2018 rose last night. Very good. Somewhat provencal in style, better as it warmed. I’ve had some spectacular Bedrock and Bucklin rose lately and this was a notch below those (and stylistically quite different) but I enjoyed it.

Regular price on these is $35-ish but my bottles were sourced from WTSO for $15 or so. Great buy for the latter price.

I had the ‘13 Home Ranch Cab the other night. Home Ranch is the best Sojourn value

Wanted to follow up with another great experience with Sojourn.

I’ve just recently gotten into and have really been enjoying their Gap’s Crown and Sangiacomo Pinot Noirs but only had a few which disappeared fast so contacted them about picking up more current or back vintages. They were able to extend a Gap’s Crown vertical offer that I had missed as well as scrape up a few '17 Sangiacomos for me. Really awesome! I asked to ship when the weather looks good, can usually still find a time to ship from CA to CO as long as there’s not a heat wave. Well, they wound up shipping to me overnight at no extra charge, with ice packs! It’s about 85F today and the wines arrived this morning chilled like they just came out of the cellar.

That is some great customer service and they have created a loyal buyer in me.