Sojourn Cellars

Awesome wines and awesome people!

Plus, styrofoam shipper but the bottles are wrapped in a plastic bag. Nice!

I understand needing to ship in styro due to weather but why doesn’t everybody just put the bottles in a baggie so we don’t get those little styrofoam pellets all over everthing?

That is a big bottle of wine! Somebody must love you :slight_smile:

Had the 2017 Hame Ranch Cab the other night. It’s a big, heavy-duty Cab. Went great with a steak.

That time could have been in September of this year, not far from the source. Sadly, our travel plans have taken vacation without us. :frowning:

dh

True words. Update you soon.

Popped and poured a 2008 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée last night. We’ve been spending a lot of Covid-days time in the yard. We’ve been cooking A LOT on the grill - mostly pizzas - and drinking A LOT of wine, and also watching A LOT of videos. Last night was the free Elton John concert on Youtube.

The wine: Luscious is the word that first comes to mind. Nice mellow tannins. Loads of dark fruit, dark berries. Some chocolate/mocha. This wine is in a nice place. Went great with a steak.

IMG_6333.JPG

Thanks for the note Paul. Gives me an excuse to open one of my 2 bottles to check it out.

Fall offering is open! Thought I would see some postings by now. I picked up a mixed 6-pack (Ridgetop Pinot, Reuling Chard, Oakville Cab). What did you buy? Cheers!

I’ll be putting my order in this weekend and probably going with some combo of:
Ridgetop, Riddle and Wohler Pinot Noir and the Reuling Chardonnay sounds interesting.

A quick search brought up 3,470 matches to ‘Sojourn’, so it gets plenty of discussion here, and always has [cheers.gif]

One of the relatively early forum darlings, I recall

2010 Sojourn Cab, Georges III, Rutherford
Singing. Very smooth, almost an easy quaff! [wow.gif] Red fruits up front, but then moved to more of the tart fruits towards to end, like cranberry. Lots of spice and cinnamon. Chocolate had dissipated. At a good point, but could hold another year or so.

I wasn’t an early forum user and was just getting a discussion going on a winery I’ve been enjoying and hadn’t seen a lot of discussion about. There are now 6 topics with Sojourn for 2020, 1 in 2019 and 4 in 2018 vs 19 in 2015 and 2014.