SQN Offering

I don’t think so, David. Have you tried to sign in? The email notifies you that the letter is on the way, but the allocation should be waiting for you now

I think David is just saying that he wants to wait to sign in until he gets the snail mail offering, sort of an hommage to the old postcards I would suspect. Congrats to you too, David!

I missed the word “want!” Congrats.

I would not have pictured you for an SQN sort of guy. The “investement,” however, seems a no-brainer. Clearly these wines have an appeal.

The 23 bottle allocation here as well, with the ability to wish list an additional 3 whites.

I have a colleague who just received a 2006 mixed woody of Crosshairs and Shot in the Dark from a business associate. I need to work with people like this.

Would anyone with the “larger” allocations be willing to share how they break down. I’m relatively new on the list and got 1 box of the EBA and 6 whites for 12 bottles total - same as last year (which was my first year.) Not that I really need more - this makes a large enough dent as it is - but I’m curious as to what increases first. The whites? A second box of the reds? Mags?

Done as well, and done until Fall I hope.

I am an inclusive, generous spirit. I have open arms for all

Except chinon

Do you need to order the whites ?

bottles are $267 after tax and shipping…have they always been this much? I remember them being sub-$200 not that long ago.

You are correct Poppy. When they went electronic a few years ago I promised myself that I would patiently wait for my first offer in the mail, assuming that it ever came. It’s sort of nostalgic for me, I suppose, since I rushed to the mailbox every year when people posted that their offers had arrived, only to find a postcard. Old school I know, but it has been fun waiting…a few days more won’t kill me.

champagne.gif

the “regular” bottlings are cheaper, but I think the EBA bottlings have been this price for a while.

FWIW, the early flipping on the last round of EBAs from SQN was $1,100 per bottle
(both rated 100 by WA)

I generally order only 1 and haven’t seen any noticeable decrease in my allocation. I like them a lot but with a kid in college, its just not feasible to buy a ton of it.

Is this offering the EBA? I must have missed that…

The new one is

The new one is

There’s a lovely table of all SQN wines here:

http://www.finewinegeek.com/sqn/index-all.html

and a table of just the dry reds here:

http://www.finewinegeek.com/sqn/index-red.html

Both indicate the EBA wines with those initials. The non-EBA reds are almost entirely estate wines as well now.

Also, if you click on the links, you’ll see that the EBA wines come in lovely wood boxes.

I haven’t updated it to included the new offering yet.

A long time indeed!! As I placed my order today, I realized that this is the 17th vintage of SQN whites that I have ordered having started on the list with the 1997 Twisted and Bent. I just feel lucky that I stumbled across a taste of the 1995 Other Hand at a big tasting and promptly called a day or two later - don’t think there was a waiting list back then. What a long fun road its been…have to say that even after all of that time, I am as excited as ever to receive a new mailer from E&M!!