St. Louis - I think we like you :). My 40th b-day year celebration continues.

Thanks for the notes on the 96 & 99 Vogue Musigny bottles, I am readying them for retirement in hopefully 13-14 years!

Very nice. Keep the celebration going!

Wowsa what a night. Thanks to all for coming and sharing generously. A special thanks to Mike Kelly for arranging this. It was tons of fun and my wife thought everyone was awesome. Niche was great and I was really impressed. I’m still thinking of the carrot dish. Blows away the one from EMP.

God I missed the Riesling I may have turned around and left. Hehehe. The 95 SWC rocked. Made me think I need to start buying this wine. Really delicious. Smoked the 02 Dom. For some reason I’ve just never been impressed by the regular cuvée. The Leflaive were rocking. I can’t say I spent enough time with them to really have a favorite though. Enjoyed the 93 Referts as well. Again this comes from the recent re release. Fresh and lively it was.

The 99 Coche was delicious. The word I keep coming back to on their wines. Long and profound. I also kept some as long as I could. It expanded with a little time in the glass. I would not give this a 98 but for me a. 95 er.

Living it up!

either you come strong or you don’t come at all. you are killin it man.

[cheers.gif]

'88 Bachelet Charmes! Awesome!

Some of that other stuff looks pretty good too… [cheers.gif]

You are drinking well, my friend. I’m glad Dr. Kelly was a good host.

Thanks for reminding me about the '61 Lynch Bages. A nice old claret that was very enjoyable to drink :slight_smile:!

Since you keep avoiding me I’m going to have to take a trip up to Boise at some point TW neener!

Bring it! We’d love to have you visit!

You drink well in every city Jon… Nice wines, I find Ponnelle wines special as they are history in a bottle and so tasty too!

Ok I’ll try to finish the rest of my thoughts.

The Engel wines were quite nice. I preferred the 93 for sure. It had more depth plus I love the acidity in 93. I’ve been rocking this vintage for several years now. That being said the 88 Bachelet was great and a real joy to drink. Classic Gevrey with great fruit still. This wine is in its prime and was better than the 88 Meo Riche I had last month. Thanks Mike.

The Vogues were awesome as usual. I really love this domaine. Great burgundy with a delicious opulence. That being said the 99 was waaaayyy to young. My first Faiveley Moose was a great experience. First all certainly the best 07 I’ve ever had. Not one with green or acidity problems like others from the vintage. Prominent oak but that’s to be expected.

I enjoyed the 78 and didn’t necessarily think it was showing older. I’ve had a few 78 Ponelle and it was really right there. The 47 was outstanding. The color was starting to fade so I was a little worried but on opening the nose was fantastic. The wine was really beautiful and fun to drink. 78 Damoy was a little simple but again in great shape and drinking well. It did fall off early.

I thought the Monfortino was gone but to be honest I don’t really like ancient Barolo. The Lynch was drinking wonderful and to be honest it was nice to have a glass of Bordeaux. Amazing this wine was still so strong. The 86 PLL was also showing well.

What a great weekend. We had a chance to meet some people for the first time and for my wife to play our reindeer games. We loved St. Louis and my kids were literally crying when we pulled them away. Sunday we went to the Zoo which was fantastic and the city museum. I reccomend both for families. We’re already planning a trip back next summer.

Agreed Nick - we really liked our visit to St. Louis also. Next time we’ll have to hit the spots you did with the kids!

City Museum is a must for young kids.

deleted

The Magic House and Transportation Museum were also good for kids when we visited.

Bring it! We’d love to have you visit!

Can’t wait until the next time we share a bottle TW.

You drink well in every city Jon… Nice wines, I find Ponnelle wines special as they are history in a bottle and so tasty too!

Yes - these old Ponnelle bottlings often are VERY enjoyable but are disappearing quick. My favorite old negoc…

The Magic House and Transportation Museum are also good for kids.

There’s a list a mile long it seems - St. Louis is a fabulous town to visit! I want to take the kids to a Cardinals game there at some point also. That stadium downtown looks awesome!

Jonathan, glad you all had a great time in STL. It’s a great city. Definitely see a Cards game if you can. It’s a great park and a great time!

Glad you made it to the City Museum and the Zoo, both are awesome. I’ll also second that Magic House recommendation too, and add Grant’s Farm to the list of kids activities (It’s like a Zoo + free beer and they keep the Budweiser Clydesdales there)

Jon & Roger: It seems that wine never disappoints! I am glad this bottle showed so well but a bit sorry that mine are all gone… [wow.gif] It was a great venue to share my last one!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

We’ll miss you during the version 3.0 weekend - SF early August :frowning:. Next year!!

looks like it’ll just be like 7 of us this time [snort.gif] [snort.gif]