Stainless cookware options other than All-Clad

All of my carbon steel pans needed to be seasoned but none of them are De Buyer. Unlike the cheap cast iron I bought many years ago, I haven’t found it difficult to season carbon steel pans. A quick look at their web site indicates that they will need to be seasoned for first use.

A note of caution on this point. In past years I have purchased much All Clad through Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Homegoods and been very happy with it. However, most of what is currently in stores is some truly terrible stuff that I have only ever seen distributed here - some very thin walled stainless (not sure it is even clad) and a new anodyzed aluminum line. Rather than dig through this junk I would just order from the All Clad warehouse sale. The sale is live every few months, the prices are as good or better as Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Homegoods, nearly the full line is regularly offered, and everything that I have ordered has been first quality. Definitely the way to go for All Clad. One final tip is that there is often a special offer (additional % off, free shipping) on the last day of the warehouse sale - not always but often.

All of my carbon steel pans needed to be seasoned but none of them are De Buyer. Unlike the cheap cast iron I bought many years ago, I haven’t found it difficult to season carbon steel pans. A quick look at their web site indicates that they will need to be seasoned for first use.
[/quote]

Thanks Brian, just did it.

Take a look

I go with ScanPan. They lined with some frictionless metal alloy. They are a bit heavy, but the non-stick feature/dishwasher staff/ability to take metal utensils adds so much convenience to the lift. Don’t leach/no chemical coating. Been slowly swapping out our stainless. Can’t imagine cooking eggs on anything else.

Interesting. I have yet to find a non-stick pan that works as well for eggs as my carbon steel crepe pan.

Do we need a code?

Just accept terms and your email address. Last year needed a code.

Highly recommend these pans. Again, they are heavier, so an 8 quart sauce pan would be quite the beast… but we have switched all our fry/sauteee pans to them. A breeze to clean.

[thumbs-up.gif]

Bed Bath Beyond with their 20% off coupons got me the same price on a few different nonsticks as the all clad warehouse sale. One coupon per item, in-store or website.

Didn’t those coupons used to exclude All Clad?

Bought a stockpot, roaster pan and rack, 6 qt sauté pan and a few accessories.

1 Like

Steve, yes they used to, but apparently All Clad is not excluded now. Each coupon has a list of excluded brands in the fine print.

Thanks for alerting us/me. I just always figured that it was not included.

additional 20% off at checkout on that sale - THANKYOU20

FYI - this sale is back and the same 20% off one item code is the same.
I just got a 4qt copper core saucepan for $140 all in.

This is old but greatly recommend Demeyere. They don’t have the rivets from the handle on the inside like All-Clad, which both the heck out of me!

Have been picking up the All Clad D5 series pieces when I see what I want on sale.
Like them very much.

I just bought a set of Hestan Nanobond. They are gorgeous. Heat MUCH better than my All-Clad. They clean up incredibly easy. Only downside is the price. They are excellent however.