Stainless cookware options other than All-Clad

Just saw their website…that’s some hi-tech stuff…“surface is four times harder than stainless; withstands heat up to 1050 F”. Might need to get one.

This is what Thomas Keller uses at the French Laundry. One of our best chefs just bought a whole new group of cookware from Hestan to replace his pans in his restaurant kitchen. They are really great. No rivets so no place to get food or sauces stuck.

It looks like they have rivets to me, do they have a special line for the trade?

I have the demeyere industry 5 and love them. No rivers on the inside make it easier to clean. For carbon steel we have a mauviel wok and saucier and scan pan for the non stick.

They don’t have external rivets that protrude . Everything is offset and not accessible to food.

Wow, they are expensive, but I am tempted. Are they that much better?

Yes.

[tease.gif] Don, you are getting garrulous in your old age.

It looks like they’re maybe a bit less expensive than Demeyere but in that price range; what they call “nanobond” seems to be (essentially) electroplating chromium and titanium onto an aluminum core stainless steel pan. Getting away from non-stick coatings for cooking fish and eggs would be nice although I could probably do a proper seasoning job on my neglected cast iron pan and gain the same advantage.

I’ve had the Hestan nanobond set for almost 2 years now. Cleaning is really easy; I also bought the Hestan cleaner which makes the pans look pretty much brand new. It’s crazy how fast it heats up too, even just boiling water I can do in under two minutes (in the small pot).

I’m a bit tempted by the 11” frypan; for some reason I gave my brother my 12” Demeyere (@ $400 the 12” Hestan isn’t feasible).

Oh man!!!

Just bought a couple of pots of the Hestan. I got a $25 discount at Williams Sonoma, so the two pots came to about the same as an off vintage of a First Growth.

I hope you enjoy them Mark. They are wonderful cooking pots.

Thanks Don.
I got one of the two pots yesterday, which meant under the watchful eye of my wife, 3 pans had to go. I plan to cook rack of lamb and duck fat potatoes this weekend served with a 1975 Domaine de Chevalier.

Did a search of “induction” and found this thread, though unsure if any of the recs are induction or not.

We are getting an induction stovetop installed next week and need a new set of pots and pans…appreciate any recs on brands and good sources.

What time? What should I wear? And so I don’t appear presumptuous-can I bring anything?

La Tache, preferably the 1966, my wife’s favorite, but not too fussy.

Williams Sonoma has a special on the basic Hestan pan down from $149 to $99.

Canceled my back ordered one and bought two at new price. Very happy with the one that has arrived.

Thanks, I just ordered one. Looking forward to trying it out.