Sub $15 whites

This! And you can add

Secateurs Chenin Blanc
Yalumba Y Series Viognier
Tahbilk Marsanne

These are really good. So is Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc (available at your local grocery for about $12).

Argyros Atlantis

Dr L Riesling

Excellent every vintage.

Also on Sale Mumm Brut Prestige Brut is outstanding. In MN sometimes on sale is $14.99.

I came here to say the same thing. Goes well with food and is more than fine as a sipper. F-C was an early gateway wine for us as something we could afford but was also nicer than most $10-$15 bottles. Hopefully the recent acquisition will allow for continued value for money.

For under $7, you can get a tasty Southern French white,Pontificus with enough fruitiness and structure. Viognier, Marsanne and Roussane.

Gascogne Blanc
Muscadet
Italy, Italy, Italy (Trebbiano, Soave, real Pinot Grigio, Pecorino, Gavi, Orvieto, Verdiccio, this list would never end)
Verdelho from Spain -

I’m always a fan of d’Arenberg The Hermit Crab, which is an Australian blend of Viognier and Marsanne. It’s fairly widely available at under $15. Where are you located?

Hugues Beaulieu Picpoul de Pinet is king of the single digits whites imo. Widely available for about $8 where I live and an actual pleasure to drink.

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier runs about $12 and is very easy going and enjoyable without being bland. I haven’t bought any yet this year, but I usually buy several bottles each summer and it is a consistently solid wine.

Pepiere Muscadet Sur Lie
Luneau Pepin Muscadet
Louvetrie / Jo Landron Muscadet
Martin Codax Burgans Rias Biaxas
Jolivet Attitude Sauvignon Blanc (actually lots of good entry level Loire Sauvignon Blanc in this range; fresh and crisp, if short on complexity)
Juve y Camps Reserva Familla Cava

Agreed on all 3! Especially the Tahbilk, that stuff is delicious.

Drouhin Macon Villages 2018 fits the bill for both domestic and wine drinkers who prefer international whites.

Fingers crossed that they keep the price and the quality. Gonna have a bottle tonight with garlic butter shrimp. flirtysmile

Any number of NZ SBs are at that price point if you like the style.

+1 Love that Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier in the summer. Can even find it at Target…

That and another vote for Portuguese whites – very affordable and surprise me how good they are.

We go through a case of that Pine Ridge every summer.

I’d echo the Lafage Centennaires, Pine Ridge CB-Viognier, and Dr. Loosen suggestions.

All popularly styled, and good to my taste.

Hard to beat Cava or CA Sparkly too.

1 Like

Matua is an example of well priced NZ Sauv Blancs , see Jay’s post above…

I second these. There used to be tons of very good German Riesling for ~$15, but I lost track of that segment. Also heaps of cheap, crisp whites from Rueda, Spain.