Sub $15 whites

Collestefano Verdicchio.

(disclaimer, I import it).

Elk Cove Pinot Gris

CVNE’s Monopole Blanco is one of the best whites around $10 you will ever find.

The 2021 Dry Creek Vineyard ‘Fume Blanc’ [Sonoma] is a good sauvignon blanc for those looking for a crisp, Loire style take on the varietal. 13.5% abv, light bodied, steel tank raised, no oak as the label notes. Lots of acid, stones and lemon peels here. I tend to prefer the lusher, fuller Mondavi take on this but it’s good, and was a quick quaff on another triple digit central valley day. This gets a B in my ledger, but fans of this style would notch it higher I expect. Screwcapped. The price on these has hardly budged over the decades it appears.

Hmmm, I was attempting to reply to someone upthread (where this bottling is mentioned) but the new interface confounded me!

Dr. L as mentioned. Drinking this right now. 2018 Bodega Catena Zapata Chardonnay Tupungato Excellent and it is some change over your $15 mark.

• 2021 Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc - New Zealand, South Island, Marlborough (12/17/2021)
    Day 1: Really solid effort for the money. Dust, minerals, grapefruit, flint and floral notes. Not the in your face of some NZ SB’s. 90 points
    Day 2: Mineral driven on day 2. Not the Grapefruit overload of too many New Zealand SB’s. Minerals, gunflint, mild grapefruit, tropical fruit and floral. Complex offering for under $15.00. One of the better of the year. 91 points
    Day 2.75: Nice and will be buying more of this wine. Certainly my style of NZ SB.
    Recommendation: If you don’t like manufactured SB you will enjoy this and under $15. **(91 points)

$13.99

Zuccardi Torrontes is a go-to for a good cheap white. Wine access has it for $15.