Suggestions for a “house” OR Pinot Noir

Siduri Willamette Pinot Noir*

This should be readily available in your market. A lot of great options listed above in this thread but I don’t know how much of those you will find in your local grocery store or Total Wine. I think Siduri can successfully fill the house wine role and will more than scratch your Oregon PN itch.

This is a great point: you can find some Patricia Green single vineyards right around $35, and they’re wonderful values at that. If you find one you really like, maybe a local store would order you a case and offer a case discount (or some store in Oregon might do that for you and ship).

2 Likes

Go big on Berserker Day. Many OR Pinot offers to chose from, and at great discounts. I believe Franny Beck Blue Label was close to $20/bottle on the Patrick Taylor offer…

3 Likes

I know top burgundy is super expensive but to equate to a house as alternatives :scream:

1 Like

Yeah it was $19.75. Sadly I only bought 3 cases. I won’t make that mistake next year.

1 Like

Sitting here sipping on a '19 Crowley WV pinot right now. Solid every day drinker that we paid around $25 for when we visited with Evan earlier this year.

You won’t get better than Patricia Green Cellars Reserve [winner.gif]

1 Like

Agree… Patricia Green reserve or, if you can find it, Mckinlay Reserve

Goodfellow WV is one of the best daily drinkers around.

2 Likes

Well, maybe the PG Berserkers’ Cuvée

For us, Vincent
Followed closely by Cristom, Franny Beck, Goodfellow, P Green

1 Like

Evesham Wood and Vincent are some of my favorites close to $20 a bottle

2 Likes

Colene Clemens “Dopp Creek” is a decent option for under $30.

1 Like

2nd rec for the Colene Clemens Dopp Creek.

1 Like

Montinore Estate has some decent $20 Pinots. In the Willamette Valley $20 is the minimum but there are lots of choices there. A to Z is another one. Sokol Blosser’s Evolution line is interesting as well.

1 Like

Berserkerday 2022 will be all about filling your cellar with Oregon wine.

5 Likes

Marcus,

Was your base Ribbon Ridge bottling you released last year only a COVID year thing? I recall it being sub $25. I believe I’ve gone they 7-10 bottles of it.

1 Like

+1 on the Colene Clemens range of pinots. Had their 2010 reserve pinot that is my woty so far.

Patricia Green Reserve
RoseRock Eola-Amity

Hi Josh,

We did a quarantine special on the 2017 Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir last year. That cuvee is $30/bottle, but we also do a Berserker price break. 2018 is current release for that wine. Honestly, the 2018 Willamette Valley is a lovely wine, and can be found pretty easily for $25.

1 Like