Suggestions for a “house” OR Pinot Noir

I have had all of the above on Marcus’ list [and of course Goodfellow] and they are all super tasty for daily drinkers Would add Kelley Fox and Big Table Farm, and I will repeat Goodfellow.

The nice thing about smaller Oregon makers is their WV blends come from barrels made with the same care and clean farming as the single vineyards. You could argue the complexity of multiple vineyards and clones can be a win.

I tend to buy their higher end offerings, and like having a mix of Oregon wines served in my house wine. I like that the bottles can live a day or two in the fridge with a stopper to gain complexity.

Had a Shiba Wichern 2016 Nuestro Sueno this week that was lovely and their single vineyards are also great QPR.

Avalon, Vinopolis and Sec are all fantastic shops to get the offerings of. They will hold till cool weather.

Many of the above do berserkers day and almost all have good DTC offerings.

1 Like

I approve this message.

To add one more: The Temperance Hill vineyard manager, Dai Crisp, has a small winery that is quite good. His Lumos Five Blocks is a $25 entry level Pinot, 100% from the vineyard and always great. I think only Dai can afford to do this : ). Online Store - Lumos Wine Company

dang there are so many good choices in that range. at our house, what we’ve chosen is to go with a combo:
Kelley Fox Mirabai
Walter Scott Combe Verte
Goodfellow WV
Big Table Farm “House” bottling
Patricia Green (just about half their bottlings fall into this category if you’re in the wine club)

BD day being next week reminded me of this thread. Definitely going to be on the lookout for many names mentioned here

Sun Break Wines’ PN. He is releasing 2021 futures at 50% normal cost, for the Colette it’s $17/btl and a killer deal IMO.

This is exactly what I was thinking, too. Around $25/per. Win.

Is this a BD special or something else?

This is a prerelease offering sent out to his mailing list I assume. He did do BD last year, so may have something there again this year. Here is his email:

1 Like

Lots of great suggestions. One I havent had in a while but I remember being wonderful and very unique/distinctive was Arterberry Maresh. I would definitely put that on the list to take on a test drive

When will these wines be bottled?

1 Like

We enjoyed a fantastic bottle of 2013 Cameron Ribbon Ridge on Saturday night. Unfortunately, it didn’t make it beyond Monday night.

Max is correct, and thanks for posting the email. These are futures for the 2021 vintage, that you purchase now (through May 1). Shipping/pickup dates will start in mid to late October tailored to your preference. (We can cellar all or any portion of your order for as long as you like, at not charge.) for example one client purchased one case of each of the three, and will have me ship a mixed 6-pack upon release and they will decide later when to pull the rest from storage. This is great for folks who have limited cellar space. Thanks!

I expect all three to be bottled in late August. Thanks!

David, how can I purchase these? I can’t find anything on your web site. Thanks!

Are you shipping to Michigan? I remember not being able to order last year but I was wondering if things have changed.

The website doesn’t currently list Michigan as a “ship to” state.

Catching up on the board (and this thread) after not having visited a ton over the last 6 months, and man, I fully agree with this list. Just about all of my favorite Oregon producers are listed right there.

2018 Cristom Pinot Noir Mt. Jefferson Cuvée. Just bought a few the other day and loved it. Buying more as these will age.

I had the 2017 a coupe weeks ago, and it was drinking wonderfully. That is a great reco in this price point.

I just opened a 2016 Franny Beck Johan. I think this is in the ~$35 range on release, though that could be slightly dated. That’s another good option IMO.

1 Like