Teeny Tiny Wineries of... Oregon

Christine broke the mold. Somebody reconstructed it and made Todd. She’s a blast to hang out with.

Redman - just up the hill from Beaux Freres/PGC. I’m a Ribbon Ridge addict (once you get the Syrah out of my blood) and this is great stuff.

And Denison too.

Franny Beck. Hope you got his BDIX offer.

I cannot stress enough how cool Beckham Estate’s wines are. The couple running the place are some of the nicest people you will meet and they are truly doing something unique, not just to Oregon but in the US. The amphora wines are just so cool and what they’ve put together is something really special.

I strongly encourage folks to try their wines and check their facility out.

Another board member, paetra

Morgan Long

I’ll add a few:

Matzinger Davies
Leah Jorgenson Cellars
Viola Wines
Project M Wines
Bjornson Vineyard and Winery
Helioterra Wines (Myself)

Will think of more later, too!

The amphora are cool. He is a high school ceramics teacher and makes them on site too. I bought some of their wines, wonder where I put them.

What a great thread. Nothing to add, but thanks for all the new projects to look into.

Over the past 5 years, Oregon has added 75 new wineries.

Could it be we have more wineries than breweries?

Steve

You should find them!

As a person who’s fascinated with discerning vineyard site/AVA/clone I love the amphora vessels. They give the wines structure while allowing the fruit to be completely unadulterated. I hope he starts pulling fruit from other sites so you can really see difference in vineyard.

Oregon’s newest AVA → Milton-Freewater Rocks District. These rocks made Cayuse what it is today. I am a big enough fan that my 6 character limited OR license plate says ROX AVA.

Rasa (friends) are quite close to M-F Rocks, though in WA (nice tax), they are 3500 feet from Oregon. Their range spans WA and OR, mainly because they do so many varietals. Not under the radar, nor is Cayuse/No Girls/Horsepower et al.

How about Minimus? Cant’t get smaller than that.

Not even close. There are significantly more wineries than breweries.

Long Play. Definitely worth a visit.

Long Play. Definitely worth a visit.

Thanks for the mention, Tim! Your wines are great, too. [cheers.gif]

How are you defining “teeny tiny”?

SJR vineyard is in Oregon (in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater). I don’t know where the Delmas wines are made, so not sure of that.

1 Like