Teeny Tiny Wineries of... Oregon

Very, very small or obscure. Or they just need some love. Or any other reason that seems appropriate. It’s all quite scientific.

Fair enough. Didn’t know if there was some ‘cases produced’ threshold, etc. Thanks for getting the thread started.

Rasa makes Delmas and I think they now have an estate vineyard, Billo Naravane MW is the winemaker and the winery is on the WA side of Stateline Rd.
SJR Vineyard Planted in 2007, this 9.6-acre vineyard is in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater AVA is owned by Steve and Mary Robertson. We currently source Syrah from this vineyard, and our estate vineyard will be adjacent to this vineyard.

Terry at Upper Five in S. OR is doing a great job.

Perhaps we need a definition like in beer:

Pico-Brewery < 500 barrels a year
Nano-Brewery < 1000 barrels a year
Micro-Brewery < 3000 barrels a year
Craft-Brewery < whatever Sam Adams produces (aka the Craft Brew Alliance is on the take so Sam Adams will always be a Craft Brewery no matter how BIG they get)
Omfg-Brewery (or owned by MillerCoors or AB InBev)

Ok. At about 800 cases per year, that would put me in the pico category.

Love and Squalor. Easily the best name in the biz.

Dig their Rieslings

Only tasted a couple of times but thought the Pinots were very tasty. It’s been a few years. Definitely not in the Archery Summit style.

RT

Brandborg in Umpqua Valley. Very nice cool-climate PN and several whites.

Very good Gamay too.

Thanks for the mention!

Harper Voit.
Second the Paetra nomination.

Thanks for including Viola, Anne! I’d add:

Franchere
Flat Brim
Gersing
Loop de Loop

gotta show some love for the Portland peeps!

Drew does a great job. The Holmes Gap he makes is tasty too.

Not sure how big they are, but I really love the wines coming out of Division Wine Co.

EIEIO
Kiff Ranch

Nice thread you started Todd Hamina. However, that kook that only makes wine from the Pommard Clone (SchöneTal Cellars) scored a 92 from Vinous (Josh Raynolds) for the 2014 and 2015 vintage.

You did good.

Also, I am thinking of starting an “unfiltered” white/pink/orange wines of Oregon thread too if there is interest. I know it can be a polarizing topic (hehehe) but IMO if you don’t filter and make something beautiful that is the pinnacle of winemaking. It will only be to showcase who can do what, so don’t get all torqued about the process, let’s just celebrate the brave and foolish who do so well.