Terry Theise Dinner-Boston

I ate at Island Creek Oyster Bar tonight as a form of advanced scouting. Here is what I found out. Free parking meters after 6:00 in front of the restaurant. Valet parking at Hotel Commonwealth next door to the restaurant for $16. Normally, BYOB is frowned upon but we have permission for the event. We will not be charged any corkage fees. We will be ordering some wine from their wine list as well, but please bring a bottle of wine that you are passionate about to the event.

As for the food, the crab cake and lobster roll were the best I have had in a long time. Oysters and fish are obviously what they are known for, but they do have a steak, chicken, cheeseburger, and pork chop option as well. Cider donuts for dessert. Prices range from $10-$14 for appetizers, $24-$33 for fish, $16-$29 for meat options, and $2-$3 per oyster at the raw bar.

Overall, this is one of the few restaurants that I’ve been to where the food seems to equal the buzz. We are in for a great evening!

Peter,

Who says you can’t make a comeback? You’re in!

Wait List started!

I bet that 02 CT Fiacre will be stunning. The 02 Brut is pretty yum.

I’ll bring some Rieslings from Ratzenberger, maybe a Sekt, Kabinett and Auslese.

Peter,
I haven’t tried this wine before, but I saw some at Table & Vine in West Springfield and I couldn’t resist.

Put me down for:

2006 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Kloster Furstental Riesling Brut Sekt
2009 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Riesling Kabinett Trocken
2001 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Wolfshohle Riesling Auslese (500mL)

Hopefully I’m not sticking my neck out too far bringing Rieslings that Terry doesn’t import to this dinner!

I’m sure Terry doesn’t just drink his own wines. If you really like it, you should bring it!

I’m not sure he drinks Kabinett Trocken, but we shall see…

[/quote] I’m not sure he drinks Kabinett Trocken, but we shall see…[/quote]

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

You’re in the clear!

I’ll bring either a Champagne or Lopez de Heredia Rioja.

I’ll bring the '77 Warre.

1996 Pontet Canet magnum

Is everyone aware this is a seafood restaurant? Seems like a lot of big reds.

I haven’t committed to a wine yet, but I am very limited in the realm of “passionate” good whites. I may go burgundy to keep it lighter than a big red, but if I go white, we’re drinking some serious plonk

ok, as regis would say, “final answer”…I can’t make this one [cry.gif]

Just went over stuff with the defense attorneys in the trial and i’m going to be working late that week - no question about it

We are going to have lots of wine. Terry will be ordering some of his bottles off the wine list- probably 4 whites. I’m bringing some special white wine treats that are not currently listed on the bulletin board, so we will have plenty of white. For food, I was thinking we could do a 4 course dinner- 2 courses with white wine (probably fish), 1 course with red, and 1 dessert. Everyone can take a look at the menu once we get to the restaurant and pick the 4 courses they prefer. Since we will not have to pay for corkage and the meal prices are $14-$30, I think it will come to approximately $100 per person after a generous tip.

Anyone willing to trade in their current big red wine for another big red wine. I heard that Terry likes a well-aged barolo. I don’t think we need many more reds for the dinner, but if someone has a nice barolo I can update the list. Not much barolo in my cellar.

Make sure you check the wine list on Sunday morning. I will be updating the list with some recent acquisitions. Let’s call it an early Christmas gift. We will definitely have plenty of white wine now. Alex, I believe it will include Billiot Cuvee Laetitia!

One spot opened up… Any takers?