Terry Theise Dinner-Boston

Steve, I would like to attend if the spot is still open.

Wine TBD, leaning towards 2007 Domaine Didier Dagueneau “Silex” Pouilly-Fumé

Kai,

The spot was filled yesterday along with two people being added to the wait list. Some people from the Parker Board beat you to it. I will add you as the third person to the wait list.

Check Post #1! The complimentary wines have been posted. Happy Holidays! There may be some minor adjustments, but this looks like the list for now. We have plenty of white wine and a nice representation of the Terry Theise Portfolio. I’m especially psyched to try the 1953 Moulin Touchais Coteaux de Layon!

Put me down for an 04 Jean Milan Terres de Noel.

Awesome wine! I’ll add it to the list!

Hey guys, this sounds fantastic, but I’m closing at Marty’s that night. [pwn.gif]

Just so everyone knows, Terry’s going to be in the store the next day doing a book signing, if you miss this and still want to stop in and welcome him to town.

Terry’s book, Reading between the Wines, is an excellent read. It is a combination of wine philosophy and travel log. Terry writes with the same passion that he brings to his import business. The book would be a great holiday gift for any wine lover and you get to check out Marty’s impressive wine collection at the same time.

In case anyone is wondering about the food, Terry and Tom are coordinating the menu and wine service. Last time I heard from Terry, the plan was to start off with some family style appetizers (whatever people would like-maybe oysters, crabcakes, lobster rolls, etc.) and have everyone select their own main entree.

What is the stemware situation at the restaurant? Do they have decent stems in sufficient quantity, or should we bring our own?

Island Creek Oyster Bar has good stemware (Schott if I remember correctly). They are providing a champagne flute and 1-2 glasses per person. No need to bring your own stemware. Looking forward to catching up with you at the dinner! Maybe we’ll do a welcome back to Boston salute for you!

1-2 glasses per person won’t do it for all these wines, so I think I’ll bring a few of my own. Which happen to be Schotts, so I guess I had better mark them!

The more the merrier! Terry is planning the wine service with Tom, so I’m sure these professionals will have a good setup for us.

Get excited… 2 days to go!!!

Sorry to the waitlist guys- Kai, Gus, Michael, and Mattias. It doesn’t look like there will be any openings. Hopefully, I will get to see you at a future tasting!

I will get to Island Creek Oyster Bar at 5:45PM. See the first post for address and phone number. Our reservation is for 6:00PM. Once you arrive, let the hostess know that you are there for the Terry Theise dinner. There will be a tasting sheet at your place so you can take tasting notes, if you like. See everyone tomorrow night!

Thanks for letting me know, Steve. I knew it would be a longshot, anyway, and glad none of you all are going to have to miss it.

Michael

Transportation Reminder:

Island Creek Oyster Bar is located directly across the street from the Kenmore T Stop (Green Line). If you are driving, there are meters in front of the restaurant. Hotel Commonwealth (next door to the restaurant) offers valet parking.

Island Creek Oyster Bar
500 Commonwealth Avenue
617-532-5300

Steve or anyone else
If you get a chance, as Terry if he’d like to be our new “special guest” here on wine berserkers. If he’s unfamiliar with it, direct him to the special guest thread.
Hope you guys have a great time, sorry to miss this one

Zack don’t you miss them all? neener

This one was a doozy, great job Steve.

Tons of fun, thanks for organizing Steve. Too bad I had to leave before the Port came out, how did it show?

Btw, I threw my impressions up of the bubblies - due to my drive I wasn’t able to focus much on the reds or the Rieslings.