The Burgundy (aka $100) Daily / Weekly Drinker

That just means you have been buying Burgundy for a long time or at the Domaines directly, so I’m not sure how relevant this is.

So are you just asking what the best villages and 1ers are? If Mugnier’s Chambolle village was $50, I’d buy cases!

My favorite value whites have been 2012,14 or 17 Pierre Morey Bourgogne Blanc ($25-30), 14 and 17 Louis Michel’s Vaudesir ($60) and right under the $100 mark, Christian Moreau’s Clos

As for reds, can’t get enough 15 Marchand Tawse Gevrey ($40). The 17 Grivot Vosne is pretty killer at just over $70. And at sub $100, gotta go with the 14 and 15 Bouchard Corton.

Basically as long as it is attainable. The price cap was mostly to solve for the “everything is attainable if you pay through the roof” problem.

Yeah, I’d literally own dozens of cases of Mugnier, Fourrier, Raveneau and Carillon, 1ers and village.

These are my regulars:

1. Fourrier GC VV
  2. Bachelet GC VV
  3. Dujac MSD
  4. Bertheau CM 1er Cru
  5. Serafin GC VV

Agree on Mugnier. Never had Jacques Carillon only a Louis Carillon 07 BBM and that was really good.

Less of a Fourrier fan than others it seems.

Thanks for this!

More Fourrier votes - interesting.

Never had Serafin. How is it?

1 Like

There are two GC villages for Serafin, VV is as good as Fourrier but very difference in style, Fourrier is more flamboyant/upfront while Serafin is more reserve with better length and complexity.

07 was…not a great year for Louis and premox. So you’re pretty lucky! When on, the BBM is spectacular.

1 Like

Mugnier CM is out of this world for a village but sadly prices are not so nice.

$50 - I would buy liger belair’s clos du chateau village.

Well this was my point: even if it were it would be very very hard to source.

About 3 years ago, I managed to pick a couple of bottles of ‘13 vintage for slightly less than US$100/b while wandering around in Nagasaki of all places.

Fourrier is great, for whatever reason I haven’t been as into it as other producers even though on the surface you’d think it’d be exactly what I’d want,
Not sure why.

Gerard Mugneret Boudots

That’s fortunate!

Yes it was a flyer at a dinner with a lot of good wine and it performed. It turned heads

IMHO, the Carillon BBM, when not premoxed, is one of the best white burgundies made at any Domaine, so that doesn’t surprise me. The only shame is the price and the tiny quantities (one or two barrels made each year).

I’m slightly confused as to the practical purpose of this. $100 US for a daily drinker is getting up there. I think that equates to about $150 Can at the KGBO. Maybe I’m a pauper but that’s more like a weekly, perhaps even monthly bottle.
Having said that interesting lists.