The Clean Wine Movement...

Bro I know you’re at Los Alamos and all that but how the fug you not know who Cameron Diaz is? If little old liberal arts major me knows who Richard Feynman is (and could pick his picture out of a lineup), you’ve got to know who Cameron Diaz is. Spend some time out of the bunker, homie.

1 Like

Well, John… guess I’ve been put in my place!!
So you know RichardFeynmann. How about HansBethe/EnricoFermi/NeilsBohr/StanUlam/EOLawrence/LeoSzilard… all icons of the same stature.
I just know the name CameronDiaz, but wouldn’t have a clue what her picture is like. All those famous/glamorous hot chicks look the same. And not people I’d want to talk Quantum Physics with!!
Tom

Neils Bohr, yes. Enrico Fermi, yes. The rest, no, but Max Planck yes! No doubt their contributions to society vastly surpass Cameron Diaz. Then again, all work and no play…

…yields Johnny no innovative hair products.

Apropos of very little, somewhere in my storage locker sits one of my most prized possessions… a signed picture of Hans Bethe giving a talk on stellar gravitational collapse while wearing a tinfoil hat.

Has anyone had the Scout & Cellar wines? 2 bottles just arrived at my house ahead of a visit from a family member and I’m guessing I’m going to get the sales pitch this weekend

Wes Barton wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm
TomHill wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:01 pm
The biggest proponent behind “clean” wine is CameronDiaz, who appears to be a glamorous celebrity and actress. Had to look her up…
She got her start on this path as a proponent of natural hair products…

something-about-mary.jpg
Wasn’t this hair product natural? [wow.gif]

I’ve had a bottle or two of white wine that someone brought to a party about 2-3 years ago. Was pretty forgettable at best and I probably wouldn’t even remember it beyond the odd brand name and one person being wayyyy too enthusiastic about it.

See post #10

Scout and Cellar is a multi-level marketing wine distributor. They source wines from various producers and countries that are supposedly made in “clean” ways and claim to test them for additives, pesticides, etc. Not sure they make any of them, but certainly not the majority of them. The wines are sold through “consultants” who collect commissions and who can also sign up a network of consultants and collect a percentage of their commissions. Google them or search for earlier threads.

-Al