The King Of Beers!

I was trying to think of an answer to this but realized this situation virtually never comes up anymore. I think even gas stations in LA all have at least some interesting beer. But if presented with really limited choices, usually the Mexican option over Bud/Miller/Coors.

A99FB7A2-BF00-4A9F-9CFC-68CBB96F0888.jpeg

3 Likes

Sam Adams Summer
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Guinness

I canā€™t think of any others that I would choose over not drinking. And I hesitated to mention Sam Adams because I donā€™t love supporting the founder, but they do employ a lot of people around here.

1 Like

In the US
Negra Modela and Especial
Yuengling
Sam Adams Seasonalā€™s

Balashi and Hinano when in those parts of the world (Aruba and French Polynesia)

1 Like

I also drink 90%+ hazy DIPA, but if pressed at a wedding reception, conference, beach house, I am happy to suck down a ā€œgreen bottleā€ euro pilsnerā€“stella, heineken, carlsberg, whatever. I know those arenā€™t cool beers but I prefer them all day to the supermarket domestic lager of any stripe.

PBR Tall Boy
On the boat: Corona Lite or Premier
Wedding: Euro import Heineken, Stella whatever Not Bud there is.

Jever

1 Like

I always have a 30 pack of Yellow Bellies in my house.

Sam Old Fezziwig and Cream Stout would be my go-tos. I certainly wouldnā€™t turn down a Guinness, either.

Ah yes, my all time favorite Pils -

I always try to find Pacifico for a hot day and Tacos.

Odell 90 Schilling

When not a craft light beer.

Modelo Especial, Victoria, miller lite, Weihenstephaner helles, Sam Adams seasonal

Otherwise I usually just bring something home from work

Rainier
Miller High Life

Iā€™m far less particular about beer than I am wine. Not sure why, but I would imagine that I rarely savor a can / bottle / pint of beer like I do a glass of wine over time.

Iā€™m omnivorous with beer, it really doesnā€™t matter to me at the basic level. My neighborhood is very Mexican, so Victoria is my current default.

I would still default to a locally brewed light style of beer before doing a national/volume import beer though.
95869E4C-ABE9-4E62-A122-6319FC496540.jpeg

1 Like

I used to love drinking good IPAs; that is, until they started giving me acid reflux. Nowadays, especially since I live in a warm country, my go-to house beer is Pilsner Urquell.

Sapporo, baby.

Oh, yes, particularly on tap. The Japanese concessionaire in our nearby golf/country club started offering that recently - really hits the spot after a round.

Weihenstephaner Hefe, Duvel and Sam Adams Seasonals.

1 Like