The Official MacDonald Waitlist Thread

Even if contracts come up, there is no guarantee that the family is going to sell the wine to them. They do pay for the grapes…it is not a gift from the family :slight_smile:

Not to ruin anybody’s day here but 2017 MacDonald allocations won’t be out until mid September.

See‽ We get along just fine…

2017 MACDONALD vintage? Pssh, I’m looking forward to tasting the 2018!

Sept ‘15…I thought I was getting close! So many of you guys ahead of me…

10/11/2018
Still have not tried MacDonald(obviously I want to) and can’t get myself to pull the trigger on a bottle on the secondary market. $350-$400 :weary:

Jan 2020 :frowning:

Fwiw I think 16 Macdonald is now the highest rated wine on ct.

Roland Christen’s Astro-Physics hand made telescopes have a 7-10 year wait list but are well worth the wait. Hoping these Macdonald wines will be as well someday!

Early 2019 here, but curious if any of the 2015 and 2016 sign-ups will get an allocation this fall. I’m sure the waitlist is 10+ years now, but maybe one day. :blush:

Any grapes worthwhile here in 2020?

Library release like ‘Crow?
[whistle.gif]

My great great grandson signed up for the MacDonald waiting list in 1837. Still waiting to get an offer.

Anyone want to visit I’ll open a bottle or two.

3 Likes

My buddies were up last week and grabbed my 17s. So far they are still optimistic about 2020 being ok to bootle. Big change is they need to find new place to make wine. Former location lost fire insurance and they are understandably not willing to leave their wine in an uninsured location.

They also drank the 18. They’ve only had 15 forward but said they thought the 18 stands well above any of the prior vintages they tasted. I unfortunately couldn’t make the trip so I can’t comment but trust their pallets

The man who first championed MacDonald on this board was Tegan Passalacqua. Always listen to Tegan.[/quote]

Actually, the first mention on WB was Robert Dentice who described my article and first commercial reviews on MacDonald from February 2013. I tried to tell people what would happen. deadhorse
[/quote]

I love how this continues to come up! I also mentioned it on the Parker Board before that and for the record I was the first to mention Sandlands : )

1 Like

So happy for Graeme and Alex, very talented and passionate. and the wine is worth the hunt!

The truth is that Dentice scheduled a tasting with Graeme at that dump in Brooklyn and we tasted the wine before it was released. We even got to vote on a label and I think they ended up with what we chose as a group. The next day, I wrote a glowing TN on Wineberserkers, but did not post it until after I signed up for the mailing list. The mailing list was full within a few days. BUT I can’t find my TN, so maybe I just made this up.

Is your name Benjamin Button?

A few months back I mentioned a nice bump in production coming which should add quite a few to list next year. The 18 is up to 500 cases from 392 in 17. Some of you should get on. Price will be bumped to $185 (+$10). And WS just rated it 98 points the highest score for a Napa cab in several years IIRC. That’s a nice welcome for the newbs

2 Likes