The "What are you drinking during Berserker Day" thread

Sherwood Estate
2009 Pinot Noir
Marlborough

How is it Matt, just grabbed a bottle

I first opened it last night and the fruit was incredibly expressive…florals and tropical fruits. Tonight, it has toned down a lot. Its minerality has taken over and the tropical fruits are softer. I find myself enjoying rieslings more on the younger side, so I’m perfectly happy drinking these now. Their energy and vivid fruit are just wonderful.

Moving on to 06 Jaboulet Crozes-Hermitage Nouvelere…

'06 Northern Rhones are quite nice…how’s it drinking Scott?

How is it Peter? I’ve generally preferred the central Otago Pinots that seem to have more depth of fruit.

The last quarter of a bottle of Carlisle Dry Creek Zin. Consumed over 4 nights, beautiful to the last drop.

Hmmm, one bottle, four nights… at that rate, if I stop buying… nahhh.

this is a $19.99 bottle and it is just fantastic. what a great example of pinot noir from the loire. hard to beat.

2003 Harlan Maiden - Holy crap did THAT wine go from medium primary to well-mature in a heartbeat! No complaints in that it tasted just fine, but if this bottle is any indication, be wary, as that was one hell of a fast transition, and the pace of this bottle is one I am not sure that I fully trust. Hopefully it is just bottle variation.

Purchased from Harlan and kept in climate controlled storage since.
[smileyvault-ban.gif]

We like this a lot for “everyday”. Can get it locally for $16. Holds up well on the counter, yesterday’s had been open IIRC 3 days with no noticeable change. You’re right, it doesn’t have great depth of fruit, but it’s very well done nonetheless (more toward the elegant side of PN).

C: Clear light red.
N: Flowers.
P: Light, balanced, interesting, with good length. Light cherry notes. Drinks very well. Good+. Great QPR.

I was going to comment on the decanter. Nice [welldone.gif]

so? You going for it?

I did…“in” for a 6-pack…and really appreciated your candid feedback Chris.