Tissue Wrap Preference and a Question

Would you be willing to pay more for that?

I only leave it on my Lopez because they are shy and don’t like showing off their wire cages.

I have a female oenophile friend who says, “No wrap, no rack.”

Tissue paper? Tissue paper?!!! Tissue paper my a***

[wink.gif]

Given that the cost of wrapping in tissue is already covered, the marginal cost of adding a $.25 sticker should be next to nothing but the cost of the sticker (perhaps ordered by the thousands it would be less than $.25). Particularly given that the wines that tend to have tissue wrap are over $100, I wouldn’t mind paying an extra $.25 per bottle if they actually wanted to cover the cost of the sticker.

I only leave tissue on when the bottles are stored in owc. If racking, I generally remove it.

Does anyone know what color tissue they wrap in?

The Scarecrow tissue is “straw” colored.
Just sayin’
newhere

Maybe the sticker costs $0.25, but you have to pay someone to put the sticker on and this process would slow down/extend the bottling run and push labor costs higher. Not a $0.25/bottle increase.

Feeling a bit curmudgeonly today. Tissue is 100% unnecessary IMO. I would just assume it not be used. It feels pretentious and pointless and is annoying to find things when not removed and not neck tagged properly.

However I understand why it is used- adds that last little bit of pomp and re-assurance to the customer that they acquired an exclusive and true luxury item- makes people feel better about spending way too much money on wine. Helps reinforce the notion that the label is as important than the juice inside.

I suppose it does add a tiny bit of label protection for selling later, but frankly that isn’t much of a motivator.

This. I had some moisture get on a couple of wrapped Larkmead bottles and ended up with a few labels damaged by mold.

That would make a fine a$$ wipe for all the rich and pampered wine connoisseurs out there.

No it won’t. The colors can bleed and I’m not sure you want that on either your a$$ or the labels on the bottle.

Also, I only allow tissue that rolls off the roll ‘over the top,’ never tissue that comes off from ‘under the bottom’ of a roll.

An oenophile has to have standards.

We live in a CIVILIZATION people!

Hit.The.Nail.

+100 But I do get the OP question thought around it in all fairness.

Great first post. A mix between maybe it’s a joke, but maybe not.

I’m dying here. Stop. [truce.gif]

As the OP, the question was not asked in jest…just looking for assistance. Thank you to those that responded…as well as to those that PMed to express their disbelief re the number of a**holes on the WB board that contribute nothing.

As a former auction house employee, I HATE tissue. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen labels destroyed because the tissue either bleeds or gets stuck to the label. Just say no to tissue.

I just spent more time thinking about tissue wrapping of wine bottles than all of my cumulative wine buying life.