TN: 2006 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly's (USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County)

I love the Cabot wines! I just have too much wine of all kinds, and have been slashing and burning through my cellar, keeping enough for me, but selling off some excess. Super glad to see it got into hands that appreciate the quality :slight_smile:
Cheers

That may be the first and last time you see me with as many tasting notes as Richard Jennings.

Or me with more. Squeaked in at #5.

Keep them coming John and Kimberly.

Thank you all for the kind response to the wine. I am so happy the Kimberly’s Syrah has made it around the country to a lot of nice people that appreciate it. Anyone that ordered the Syrah Retro case on Berserker Day will get a few of the last remaining bottles in our inventory. [cheers.gif]

Enough of this Syrah talk, I’m anxiously awaiting the Pinot. [snort.gif]

Brig & Eric - I got my eyes on you!!! champagne.gif

I have opened so many more than that too. I’m a lazy boy!

Same with me - I actually sighed with relief when I saw how far down the list I was, as I haven’t put in all my Cabot consumption on CT…

Oh, my consumption is totally accurate. 54 bottles. I just don’t always write a tasting note, especially if opening for dinner with friends etc.

Mine’s not accurate - I don’t put all in CT inventory

My favorite Cabot wine!!!

Love the notes, and especially the personal service from both John and Kim after Berserker day. Will sit on the '07s for a while. newhere

I just received my Cabot order from Berserker day. This is the first time I have ever received wine with hand-written corrections on the bottles. Two of the twelve had labels with corrections on them.

Get used to it, if you end up enjoying the wine. You’ll also find a mix of mismatched bottles, if you are lucky!

Sometimes john shows/sells wine before there’s a label. So you 'll get the personalized label. Might be the BD offer on the old stuff was out of his personal stash that was unlabeled.

Collectors items!

One was 2004 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly’s (where 2003 was scratched out and replaced with 2004) and the other 2004 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Reed’s (with hand-written “Reeds”)

Sorry… I just saw this. Yes. I did have to hand write on some of the 04 Kimberly’s and 04 Reeds as these were the last bottles and I didn’t have labels for them. I know this is out of the ordinary but I thought you all would appreciate 10 yr old wines aged at the winery. I’ll happily take back and replace (with something else) anyone’s hand written bottles.

I think it’s pretty cool, but without trying to start trouble, are you allowed to manually change a label? I thought you needed TTB approval on all labels.

Ahem…they must be flawed, PM me for an address and send them to me post haste, I will dispose of them properly [wink.gif]

This was just a handful of bottles. No big deal.