TN: 2007 Domaine Bouard-Bonnefoy Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Blanchots Dessus

• 2007 Domaine Bouard-Bonnefoy Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Blanchots Dessus - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (7/9/2020)
    Been 8yrs since my last bottle, of which it looks like I’m the only person drinking these? From CT info, this is the last vintage Domaine Bouard-Bonnefoy produced, and only an 06 prior. From a small 1er cru vineyard that abuts Le Montrachet and Criots…it was almost classified as Grand Cru ”Blanchot-Batard-Montrachet”…but alas, kicked down to a 1er. The wine is still holding well! Nice golden metallic with green tinge color…wonderful match strike reduction, which reminds me of Leflaive, sautéed peach, apricot marmalade, honeyed nuts, crushed limestone nose. Creamy and quite rich in the mouth, yet showing crisp tart lemon acidity…crushed saline minerals, wood barrel spice, white flower florals. Has some great tension and energy to go along with the Chass richness…yet there is some edgy sourness in the mid, and it kind of loses focus a bit there…then finishes ok with some lengthy barrel spice and sharp tart citrus. Not as elegant as you find from it’s famous neighbors…but also a fraction the price! Very pleased with this bottle though…wish it wasn’t my last. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

From Winehog…

Funny - I just discovered this vineyard a week ago through Coffinet-Duvernay, and I found their 2015 to have a heck of a lot of complexity to it. Especially for a guy who isn’t going to get anything from the vineyard just to the right of it. One of the nutty things about this wine is how hard it is to distinguish on a website from the Blanchots Dessous, the village vineyard. Nice note - here’s hoping they hold up a while.

Bouard Bonnefoy also has a piece of En Remilly 1er cru in Chassagne. Abutting GCs seems to be a theme. I have no idea what happened with the Blanchot Dessus parcel, and haven’t come across that wine. Glad to see this has held up well!