TN- 2007 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon by Keyshawn Johnson

I knew about the AVA crossing state lines, thanks and good to know.

Welcome to Winebeserkers!

Good to know that you wine will pair with breakfasts!!!

Congrats on your first release :wink:

+1. And welcome, Keyshawn!

Wow, that was easy. Welcome Keyshawn.

Let me try another one. Still waiting for Scarlett Johansson to post.

Good call. I’ll be sure to alert the masses when that happens.

I’ve encouraged Keyshawn to post here, and answer the questions presented. I asked for clarification on the source of the cab, being Oregon, and think his answer is legit and worth mentioning.

…I love cabernet sauvignon some of my favorites are Caymus, Paul Hobbs and Robert Mondavi reserve(09), i also had a pinot noir at the Wine Spectator New World Tasting that was really nice from Kosta Browne, a big hello to Tony and Matt. A lot of my friends asked me why a cabernet from Oregon, the fact remain Cabernet grapes along with other varietals have been in existence there since the late 1800s, a lot of Washington wineries don’t tell you some of their secrets, but many of the famed Washington Wineries cabernet grapes comes from Eastern Oregon, they don’t tell you this because its all under the same AVA of Columbia Valley. David Rizzo our wine maker is a great guy and knows his stuff, we wanted to be different from everything else that was/is coming out and we knew a Cabernet from Oregon would make people scratch their heads(Is it working)? If you are a lover of great cabernet sauvignon, you will be extremely pleased with our 2007 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon. Thank you for welcoming me to your forum, really happy to share my wine with you all.
Keyshawn.

Why don’t you arrange for a tasting of your wine at Grailey’s in Dallas next time you’re in town? It’s a great spot with a big wine geek following. Dynamite spot to test the market. I’m sure many of us would love to try your wine, and to share some of our favorites with you.

Glad you jumped on the boards, by the way. I’d say we make up some of the hardest of the hard-core geeks, and are generally skeptical of celebrity productions. To put it bluntly, many of their products are terrible. There are some obvious exceptions from Tom Seaver, Randy Lewis, Ernie Els, and others, but those folks are dead serious about making wine a top priority, as opposed to having a fashionable product hit the market. As you’d expect, you’ll get some shit here, but from Tom’s tasting note perhaps it’s unwarranted. Welcome.

Done! It will have to be after Football season, maybe in late Feb. or early March?

Late Feb or Early March would be cool Keyshawn. I hosted Drew here at Graileys with his Doubleback wines last year at the same time. I will shoot you guys a personal e mail with contact info.
Simon.

also hosted Dirk!!

$125/bottle?

C’MON MAN!!! [cheers.gif]

Key - if you even have a release party for the Cab Sav please make sure there is a dress code and all attending try to express the sartorial splendor we see from you on NFL Countdown. Now that would be a soirée indeed.

Fixed

Keyshawn,

Thanks for the bottle donations to the Frank Nelson Charity tasting last Saturday. It was very well received.

The wine got better as it spent more time in the decanter. Two hours would be best. It balanced out with nice dark fruits and nice earthy characteristics. Tasted more in the direction of a Washington Cab than something from CA.I plan on putting this in a double blind tasting soon to get an unfettered opinion from some decent palates. BTW. Pretty sure Kapcsandy uses Hungarian oak in some of their wines.

Oh, nice!

Kevin, thank you. Happy you and everyone there enjoyed the XIX.
Keyshawn

I have three bottles of 2007 XIX to share, i would like to send out a bottle to each person and get back your feedback about the wine. so the first three people to reply to this post, I’m sending you a bottle each to drink and tell me what you think?
Keyshawn

In! I was going to ask if the wine was available in Walla Walla as we’ll be up there next weekend.

Im in.

sent pm