TN: 2008 TAITTINGER COMTES de CHAMPAGNE BLANC de BLANC

08 cdc is superb. Not sure it’s better than the Cristal but I’ve found it much better than the 06.

I adore this one. Thanks for the note Blake!

My experience exactly and I’ve had a few more. That’s one of the reasons I’m taking it as a backup to a 96 Salon {see above post} bc I know it will be viable and great. My last 96 Salon was oxidized beyond my level of appreciation, but fingers crossed.

The two bottles I had didn’t show nearly as well as I’d hoped. Got another case recently from another source so I’m hoping for better.

Gimme that source ya. Can’t find anything under 200

I got my cases from whwc and empirewine. I should’ve bought more from empirewine, it was 179 and free shipping. I’ve had it from both sources and it’s been great, the second bottle was better.

1 Like

When did you get them?

Whwc was 2019 and empire was June or so.

Zachy’s Black Friday sale in 2020 = $165/bottle. Long, long gone. At this point $195 looks like a good price from what I’ve seen. If I could find it for $175 or less, I’d be a buyer at this point. I love this wine…

1 Like

So glad I bought 6 from Winewatch!
I will open one on New Year’s!
champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

That’s basically what I paid in July. $190 is the best you can find at this point.

Paid $120…wish I had kept more that I got for Warren and the Bellingham Crew. Need to look for a note if he has opened one yet.

1 Like

I paid $240 at MacArthurs - popped it night. No regrets, it was superb.

I had the same impression. Lots of potential, already very impressive. I think with age it will be one of the greats.

For anyone in the UK, appears to be a case of 2008 CDC for a per bottle price of $145.

Edit: never mind, 6 bottles, not 12

lol, that’s a 6 bottle case. $290.

Ugh. Sorry. Didn’t see that detail.

To report back, the Salon was magnificent; thus, the 08` CDC was not opened. Another occasion, maybe NYE.

3 Likes

I’m glad that the Salon showed well, Blake. And thanks for the follow up.

1 Like

looks like plcb still has some in the philly metro area for 199, fwiw.