TN: 2014 Château Lanessan (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc)

That’s the cost in PA, thus the question.

I haven’t seen 2014 Sociando below $45.

I am not shilling in the slightest David. But, at Millesima Sociando Mallet is only 38 for 750s. Mags at 76. You have to wait 4 to 6 months for delivery. I am currently waiting on some halves of 2014 GPL. Unlike premier cru, I have never had a problem with Millesima.

1 Like

Plus tax plus shipping.

They have the 2018, new label-black

Yep, plus tax and shipping if you ship. I tend to get to NYC every few months, so I can take my beat up yet trusty viking chariot (a 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, with a 5 speed manual) and can bring back a lot of vino.

Check this out as I just looked at wine searcher. Wine cellarage in nyc, for only 34 bucks plus tax and shipping. They only have 12 bottles of the 2014 Sociando Mallet.

I’ve purchased several cases slightly below, at and slightly over $30 (that’s in futures and post-release). I do not know what it is today. My average cost is about $30 per.

A fellow Berserker in NYC has it for $34:

Seriously, grab the case.

Wine Legend in NJ has it for $35:

https://www.winelegend.com/wines/Chateau-Sociando-Mallet-Haut-Medoc-2014-w6291261lh

These are great prices for a fantastic wine.

1 Like

I have an inquiry in New Jersey.

My $45 is no tax, no shipping.

1 Like

I need to stop drinking these. Will be reloading whenever I come across more.

• 2014 Château Lanessan - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc (4/1/2020)
    Aromas of sweet purple fruit and oak; the fruit turns to black on the palate, while the oak turns slightly bitter on the finish. Quite structured with medium acidity and drying tannins. There’s a pleasurable rusticity to the wine; an honest mid-week Bordeaux that should peak 12-15 years from vintage. Not a yummy wine, but a soulful one. More sediment than one would expect from a young wine. From 375ml.(88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I have .750’s of these I’m waiting a few years on, I’d love to have em in halfs.

I’ve found it’s already drinking well in 750, but will improve. I should probably find more of these, but have bought more '16s instead due to finding some very good pricing.

Nice note, Corey. I clearly like it far more than you do, but even at your note, it’s a great QPR. Try the 2016 to see if you like it better, or perhaps less, it’s made by Bouard. He was brought on for 2015.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the wine, but right now it’s a good wine and nothing more…and that’s ok. To the extent that scores mean anything, I think it will improve 2-3 points with some bottle age, which is commendable for a wine that can be purchased on release for less than $20/bottle.

Same here re: already drinking well out of 750s. I’m not sold, however, that it’s going to improve. Might it? Sure. Will it change? Wellllll, yeah, of course it will. But will it actually get “better”? Like I said, I’m not convinced it has the structure or stuffing to do that. If you have more than 2 bottles, and enjoy young-but-accessible Bordeaux, then give one a shot now.

Bryan have you had any Lanessan with 20-30+ years on them before? They really can impress. The 99-01s are much better today than on release. I think 2009 and 2014 will as well, but of course, we are all just really guessing to some degree.

Maybe a little time in the decanter would open it up some? I think I’ve got 2012-13-14-15, I’ll probably open one sooner rather than later

saw the 2016 Lanessan for $29.00 plus 7% sales tax. locally for me so no shipping needed

I haven’t. The '09 vintage seems well-situated for extended aging — I’ve a couple mags laying low (ridiculous steal at TW for $32.50 after coupon). As much as I like Lanessan, I’m not sure I’ve ever had one that struck me as one that would age gracefully. They typically strike me as being honest and true, but also somewhat chunky in their composition (not presentation). I certainly wouldn’t pass at the opportunity to have my ageing doubts chased, though! [cheers.gif]