TN: Frenchie's Grower Bubbly Event In the OC

In for the next one.

'Ol Mr James dredged up a 4 year old topic. I thought that was taboo around here? :face_with_peeking_eye: I like the idea of it, as it’s a discussion forum, after all.

Alan, I prefer not to taste this many anymore, which is one of the reasons I don’t do the big events anymore. But, when bottles are there, like most of us hardcores, I try and do the best I can.

My sense is that you don’t like the no dosage style, but perhaps you have to check in on a few that I don’t find to be austere or angular. Conversely, I find less interest in some of the big labels that others around here seem to like. I find those wines sweeter, withy a trade off in energy instead for rounder. I’ve tried/still try to not judge another’s palate and instead appreciate that someone else likes a different expression and see how much they find joy in that.

As to whether the difference in your experience between growers and GM is based on the factors you typed above, I would say maybe, but to the extent that some of my favorite growers indeed have terrific terroir, along with experience in doing the work, and indeed blending based on NV and reserve additions, I would tell you that those folks are executing and doing a wonderful job (for me) in getting great results in the stuff in my glass.

Happy holidays, Mr Weinberg.

Oh shoot. I had no idea. I’ve lost my WB user manual.

1 Like

and to you, sir.