TN: Two TablasCreek Tannats.....(short/boring)

We tried these two in our TCV tasting last week:

1. TablasCreekVnyds Tannat Estate/Adelaida Dist/PasoRobles (14.5%; EB) 2017: Very dark color w/ no bricking; very intense blackberry/boysenberry/Tannat/plummy bit licorice/chocolatey some dusty/OV light pencilly/oak bit more complex lovely intense nose; somewhat tart strong boysenberry/Tannat/licorice/boysenberry some pencilly/Fr.oak bit complex flavor w/ some chewy tannins; very long/lingering blackberry finish that follows flavor; not showing a whole lot of evolution & still pretty youthful; a terrific rendition of Calif Tannat that still needs more age.

1. TablasCreekVnyds Tannat AdelaidaDist/PasoRobles (13.5%; EB; 732 cs) 2021: Very dark near black color; somewhat more intense boysenberry/blackberry/licorice bit younger/fresher light toasty/oak more fragrant Tannat lovely nose; intense boysenberry/licorice/blackberry/Tannat bit richer/lusher/youthful light pencilly/Fr.oak slight earthy rich/mouthfilling quite structured flavor w/ ample chewy tannins; very long/lingering structured youthful finish that mimics flavor; a big rich/lust/structured Tannat that needs more age. $50.00/$40.00 (VIN)

More lissaferk from TheBloodyPulpit:

1. Their Tannat is one of my most favorites from TCV. They tend to be on the bigger side for TCV wines. I loved both these wine but the '17 is aging at a pretty glacial pace. Slightly preferred the '21 for its more youthful fruit & intensity. But two of my favorite TCV reds.
    Tom
2 Likes

I consider the Tannat to be the hush-hush gem of the Tablas lineup. Thanks for posting, Tom!

Yup, Brian. That and EnGoblet are two of my perennial favoites.
Tom

Good to know. I have a 2010 that is screaming for attention.

Coincidentally, I have a 2020 En Gobelet TN that is only two back in the queue; it was nice. :slight_smile: