TN: Winos' excellent adventure in France

Great report and photos. Out of interest, were the Troisgros dinner wines off the list? If so, were you happy with the protocols around questionably off bottles?

Thank you for the wonderful write up and pictures! What a trip. I might kill just for the food not to mention the wines champagne.gif

Reads like a dream.

Great photos of the food also.

Well done gentlemen, well done. [welldone.gif]

I’d give this 99pts…100 if you would have hit Maison Ilan.

We tried but that was beyond our reach [snort.gif]

Excellent writeup and great photos Kevin. Thanks.

La vie est belle … Kevin and Kelly :slight_smile:

I could open a 2008 Rousseau Chambertin tonight (dinner in the Graves).

I recently had a superb “simple” Meursault Coche-Dury 2007 (I cannot say if it is a Vireuils or a Narvaux).

I remember a great tasting with the Louis-Michel Liger-Belair 2008. Same rating than you, a few years ago, on la Romanée 2008 (barrel).

Thanks Kevin,

A fantastic visit, great write up and excellent detailed wine and food notes and pictures, really enjoyed the read!

A dream line up to visit, DRC, Liger-Belair, Rousseau and Mugnier!

Incredible!

Loved the amounts of Coche, Raveneau and Roumier you guys had also… [thumbs-up.gif]

Nice trip. We are off to Troisgros for two dinners soon and rather excited.

The 2012 Coche village is the only wine from the address I have bought by the case based on an early bottle in Paris, decadently enjoyed solo.

Justin lead us to a few pubs and we tried several Belgian and French beers which were excellent.

Matthew,
According to M. Noblet, the 16 is a very friendly vintage. Most of the wines have not finished malo. The wines are round and warm for my palate.

The 96 Coche was the most memorable wine.

Jayson,
I am not sure. I thought there was BM Vieilles Vignes bottling in '88.

BTW,

I would be very remiss if not passing on this recommendation.

http://www.burgundy-driver-france.com/en/vtc-dijon-bourgogne/

We hired our driver, Sonia, for the three days in Beaune. She was incredible and very professional. We got a van for the four of us. Very comfortable, very reasonable. Based out of Dijon. Very highly recommended! We did not have to drive once after arriving in Beaune.

Correction - that’s not the greatest wine trip of your lives. That’s the greatest wine trip of anyone’s life! Well done and many thanks for sharing.

two exceptional wines in Bordeaux yesterday evening :

Rayas rouge 2005 : actually stunning (18,5/19)

Rousseau Chambertin 2005 (18,5/20) (the 2008 will wait …)

Congratulations for the wonderful trip and congratulations for the report.
Such an event is unique.

Thank you. Taking me on this trip(through your posts) is the best wine trip I will ever have.

Love your passion Kevin. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely writeup; nice photos, Kevin.