TNs--FALLTACULAR 2024

He built it…and we came! Such huge thanks again to Frank and Jill Murray for opening their home for another memorable day. The weather gods were kind and we were blessed with clear and temperate conditions, perfect for tasting…and for talking. I always have to make a trade-off here-----do I taste more and talk less? Or do I taste less and talk (and hug) more. I am trending towards the latter more and more with each passing year.

This is such a special event and such a special group of people. My thanks and appreciation go to Vera, who showed great courage and accomplishment in sharing her powerful and moving story with all of us. It was also terrific to have many new participants there this year. Among them, I was thrilled to bring my good friends, Brad and Marnie, who made this a true Canadian invasion this time!

Amidst the hugs and talk and catch-up, I did taste 38 wines. I apologize to the worthy winemakers whose stuff I may not have gotten to, or didn’t get to in enough depth. This is part of the balance and I saw by what little was on the tables left at the end that all wines were definitely appreciated!

2022 Rivers-Marie Summa PN

I started with the wines I figured would be consumed quickly. This already has lifted strawberry and light nutmeg scents. Naturally a ways to go, but promises very good things—cloves and strawberry and wonderful acidity. #9 on potential alone

2022 Rivers-Marie Bodega Thieriot PN

Slightly dark berries intermixed with twists of herbs and spices. This, too, suggests great balance and future potential, is more in hiding now with aromatic replays and glance of cedar

2022 August West 20th Anniversary Graham’s PN

Nose speaks of red berry and currant to me, plenty of spice, maybe even a shake of cracked pepper. In the mouth, good balance with berry and unripe plum taking centre stage.

2015 Ladd Moore Ranch PN

Appreciated this chance to taste an older Pinot of Eric’s. Pomegranate filters through strawberry and raspberry, with fine, controlled spice elements too. To taste, a bit of chestnut joins in, this is tangy and still has room to grow a little into itself.

2022 Kutch McDougall PN

Raspberry, bits of bramble, some real panache on the nuzzie. This is already delicious, round and full, yet bracing too. The core of berry fruit is accented by sandalwood and a flash of orange zest. #8 today

2021 Auteur PN

Aroma has some chestnut too, mixed in with raspberry fruit. My tongue loved this—light touch here with pure raspberry and crabapple showing through. This could be quite special, really expressive and gets better with each sip. #2, could end up being my Discovery of the Year.

2021 Fogline Hillside Block PN

“settled” bouquet, with red fruits and bits of green herbs. Settled dans la bouche as well, good drive to tart red berry and currant base, though I think this may have a ceiling as well.

2021 William & Mary Shifflet Ranch Cab

Quite the nose—lurking prunes add interest to cassis, mulberry and walnut skin. Good foundation in the mouth of sweet plum and raspberry. The oak is present, but it has the structure and contents to even out, promising for sure

2021 William & Mary Shifflet Ranch Proprietary Red

Fascinating contrast here, I get much more of a meat-tinged presentation in the sniffer. Pine needle and even some very subtle barnyard across black plum base. I like this plenty. Smooth and velvety texture. Broad and tasty across the tongue, with plums and dashes of mocha. #7 and check-mark plus.

2015 Matthiasson Cab

Oak Knoll is the source, I get a fine balsamic thread to deep sour cherry aromatics. Classic and classy on the tongue. Composed currant fruit is framed by cool almost-menthol edge and even a tinge of lemon. Fascinating, really took my fancy. # 3

2021 Story of Soil Bentrock PN

Rooty nuances and very pure cherry essences. To taste, replays with intriguing cedar and (and I gave enough time from the last wine to know it wasn’t a playover) balsam notes. A different expression. Give time.

2014 Cabot BdB

Good mousse here, has aged nicely with balanced apple, white fruit and flowers and some pink fruit slices as well.

2021 Riverain Tench Reserve Cab

Exultant nose. Violets underneath super-expressive plum and blackberry. This is strong—even with 3 hours’ decant before presentation, needs a ton of time. A lot of elements in play. You know it will be good, and I do think it will always stay in a bolder style. # 6

2021 Carlisle Old HIll Ranch Zin

Blueberry and blackberry bouquet, it’s round and rich and bursting with black and blue fruit. Big, but not too big.

2019 Tor Sierra Roja Cab

I find blackberry and cassis scents here with slight licorice and char accents. Very tasty, red and black plum in equal measure, delivers plenty of pleasure. Wants a nice steak.

2023 Tablas Creek Vermentino

Lemon-centred nose with fine edge of orange peel. A wine of two parts for me, good attack, not a lot of finish, get lemon squeeze and tastes of unripe apple

2021 Rivers=Marie Thieriot Chard

Terrific lime zest “attack” on the bouquet with apple undeneath. Jumpy right now dans la bouche, but juiciness underneath and apple and citrus seem to poke out. Would like to try again in 2-3 years.

2019 Big Basin Rattlesnake Rock Syrah

Plenty of chocolate around, interestingly, crabapple–at least to me! In the mouth, this is nice. Silky and more chocolate and black forest cake presentation. Sneakily very likeable. #10

2015 Tercero White Hawk Syrah

Still fairly young, slips of cedar through cherry and plum. Palate is taut and controlled with quite pure replays for me.

2018 Ladd Cuvee Voile Chard

Complicated bouquet includes, lime, lilac, apple and light tropical. Heard murmurs from others on this and I’d agree, in the mouth a light saline side. Tiny bit of lactic, tiny bit of manzanillo nuance and a great bit of splendidly interesting. Maybe I’m the oddball, but I really like the expressiveness of individuality here. # 4

2022 Matthiasson Rose

Bright floral-rosey notes hit the nuzzie right away. Follows through to accentuate strawberry and some grapefruit. Refreshing.

2022 Sojourn UV Lucky Well PN

This is their first vintage in this vineyard, I think. Definite earth and coffee tones to berry fruit. Candidly hard to assess–it is very, very young, but tinges of crabapple and blue fruit waft through. This has the promise to be a very interesting wine as it ages.

2021 Loring Aubaine PN

Perky cherry and pomegranate here. Nice activity with berry and a touch of plum fruit, and also a touch of red licorice to add more interest.

2021 Loring Kessler-Haak PN

From one of my favourite vineyards of Brian’s, another good effort. Expressive maraschino cherry and plum fruit with just a sprinkle of cocoa. Another like button here.

2018 Velvet Bee Theresa Noelle PN

Potpourri is a piece of this aroma, with bright red fruit. To taste, sour cherry is the main here with bracing raspberry. Very nice.

2022 Riverain Generations Silver Eagle PN

Baking spices lead to plum and strawberry, both in the nose and in the mouth. Room to grow and fine drive to this, which doesn’t surprise me now that I find out it’s Silver Eagle fruit.

2022 Kutch Falstaff PN

Herbs filter through raspberry and boysenberry. Very springy on the tongue, good darting notes of berry and currant.

2021 Dunstan Durell PN

mocha notes here through mixed berry nose. Very good definition to this, might like a touch more fruit (feels like lingonberry is the main) expression, but I also have a feeling that will come out in time. Try again in 2 years.

2020 L’Envolee Napa Cab

Big–creosote, black licorice, bit of tar to dark plum and blackberry fruit. I don’t think the tar and creosote notes are in any way smoke taint, though I may not be the best judge of that. Rich and smooth with hidden power, plum and some sweet cassis with warm finish. Quite good for this style.

2021 Model Farm Berger Cab

Aomra shows touch of prunes around macerated plum and an intriguing herb sidebar. Palate is super-smart already, great composed profile with sweetmeats, cherry and blackberry, and also shows excellent length and acidity. I’ll be getting some when my allocation comes open # 5

2021 Sojourn Stagecoach Cab

Smoked meats around dark cherry and unripe plum. Erich and Randy’s smooth, rich style is on display. Very even and full, with blueberry edgeing to cassis and blackberry, and good length as well,

2018 Greyscale Cab

Expressive cedar and sandalwood greet the nose. Tinge of campfire adds intrigue to red berries. A kind of sparkly presence on the tongue. Blue and red and black berries all have their say and the other aromatic notes are subtly subsumed, but lurking there. This was a whole that was a fantastic sum of its parts. I think it was my WOTD

2021 Tercero Cab Franc

Larry wants authenticity-to-varietal in all his wines. I think he achieved it here. The dark fruit is cool and sculptured nicely, with a balanced approach. Only a faint olive note. It enjoyed its time in my mouth!

2021 Tercero Davis PN

I cant remember whether this is the 115 or triple 7—Kessler-Haak fruit. Bits of tomato leaf intertwine with complex cherry bouquet. Palate shows compote of dark strawberry, raspberry and baking spices. I do love this vineyard and this is a very good expression.

2016 Sweetzer Huber PN

pomegranate for sure in the aromatics, some potpourri and bing cherry join in. nicely balanced here with sweet berry fruit and cinnamon glints. Although has a ceiling of complexity, I like.

2020 Tercero Jurassic Vineyard Chenin Blanc

This does have a sort of smoked honey and lanolin nose to me. Maybe apple and baked plantain too? In the mouth, there is verve and push to this wine. It has a subtle tactile quality that I like quite a bit…

2019 Ella’s Vineyard Rose

Very roses and hibiscus, with unripe watermelon. To taste, fresh and slurpy, with watermelon and pomegranate. Goes down nicely to end the day

2003 Chateau Climens

Bonus note—poured after from full. Absolutely deadly stuff. Luscious and pure vanilla custard, honey, kiwi and pineapple. It’s in a perfect drinking window now. Richest of this house that I’ve tried but a triumph in this vintage—it’s pretty consistent with what I remember from my last taste at least a decade ago.

Again, huge thanks to Frank and Jill, especially all the winemakers and all the people who make this such a weekend of joy for me.

Mahalo nui loa

Mike

10 Likes

Great notes. Need to make a point to join one year after reading about it for so many years.

Sounds like a great time.

As always, Mike is the over-achiever when it comes to writing notes at Falltacular, and I believe he’s now the only one left who does so, other than a few who show up early to pound out some before the crowds.

Another wonderful event, highlighted by the testimony of a Laura’s House ‘success story’ which was incredibly moving.

I tasted very few wines, unfortunately, but probably smarter in the end as I am fresh as a daisy today! My highlights include the Greyscale Merlot and Cab (both fantastic), Dunstan Chardonnay Durrell Vineyard (which I understand they own), William and Mary Shifflet Ranch Proprietary Red (a common favorite of mine at Falltacular), Ladd Moore Ranch Pinot Noir, and (fortunately for me, since I bought two bundle packs that included this wine from BD15) Ladd Cabernet Franc.

3 Likes

YES! I had never thought of Ladd Chards that way, but the Manzanillo note is right on.

2 Likes

Great notes Mike, thanks for posting…I remember drinking a lot of Auteur Pinot’s back in the day, probably 15-20 years ago, but haven’t had one since…I will have to fix that!

I have bought a bunch of the William & Mary Cabs and Red Blends over the years, ever since the first release in 2014, love those wines…I bought some of the 21’s on the latest release, I remember Will saying they would be great, but needed some time to flesh-out, sounds like that was your experience with the Shifflet Vineyard Cab…

Mike’s a freaking machine! I took the Tood French approach and saved what few brain cells I have left. I primarily stuck to whites and sparklers.
Matthiasson Linda Vista Chardonnay, ‘18 Ladd Cuvée Voile and Rivers Marie Theiriot and the Buerer Dry Riesling that @Uli_K brought were my fave whites. Then there was a shit ton of Champagne and a couple ‘03 Bdx Sweeties that rock the afterparty. Great time as always, looking forward to the data in the event.
Speaking of the Matthiasson Linda Vista, Six Cloves makes a Linda Vista Chard that is in par with this one. Search it out! She supports Berserker Day too.

These two girls work the kitchen each year. They keep all the donated food in order and properly plated, they wash all the dishes, clean up spills, keep the grilled items rotating into the house. Then they clean up after everyone and wash the wine glasses. They are a dynamic duo!

5 Likes

A THANK YOU to everyone who attended yesterday. We have restored the house to its glory this morning!

Running a fully licensed event yesterday, we served about 130 different wines yesterday, to roughly 110 people, with a silent auction of about 200 items spread across about 85 lots. We had lots of help too, by many of the same folks who post here–Todd French, Mike Grammer, Brian Tuite who have already posted above. And many more of you.

We cannot do this work without our wineries so I am going to just paste a long list to follow of what we poured yesterday. There were 2 bottles of each of these wines, some even 3 bottles. ALL of this was donated and shipped to me by the wineries–there was no cost whatsoever borne by Laura’s House. This is the generosity of the winery community, some who were brand new and some who have been with me doing this event for all 17 years, raising over 1/2 million dollars total over those years.

And to the guests who came, some new, some with us all 17 years too, you have helped us sustain and prosper a meaningful way to give back to others, in this case to families who are fleeing violence, fleeing a knife wedged against a woman’s neck (that was our speaker’s message to all of us yesterday, a survivor who fled to Laura’s House to save her and her daughter’s life), getting to safe shelter, for counseling, legal services, and way to start over. All of our guests who attended, some even just donating money and unable to attend, all of it supporting Laura’s House. Amazing.

In short, it looks like we’re gonna raise about $36,000 this weekend, plus we’ll do another auction on Wine Berserkers this week, and see if we can squeeze out another $2,500. Maybe we make it $40,000, we’ll try. But what we have succeeded in doing is serving others, of seeing value in others beyond ourselves, and changing someone else’s life. To everyone, THANK YOU for our 17th year, see you next year.

YEAR WINERY DESIGNATION TYPE AVA Bucket
2021 ASTON Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 AUGUST WEST Cortada Alta Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2022 AUGUST WEST Graham Family Pinot Noir Russian River
2022 AUGUST WEST Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2022 AUGUST WEST Pinot Noir Russian River
2021 AUTEUR–NEW Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2021 AUTEUR–NEW Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2021 BELHARRA Alder Springs Pinot Noir Mendocino
2019 BELHARRA Las Madres Syrah Carneros
2019 BIG BASIN Gabilan Mountain GSM Monterey County
2021 BIG BASIN Coastview Pinot Noir Monterey County
2019 BIG BASIN Coastview–Terraces Syrah Monterey County
2019 BIG BASIN Rattlesnake Rock Syrah Santa Cruz Mountains
2019 BIG BASIN 62 Terraces Syrah Santa Cruz Mountains
2016 CABOT Pinot Noir Anderson Valley
2016 CABOT Elk Prairie Pinot Noir Humboldt County
2017 CABOT Lost Coast Pinot Noir Humboldt County
2014 CABOT Brut Zero Sparkling Anderson Valley
2016 CABOT Brut Zero Sparkling Anderson Valley
2016 CABOT Kimberly’s Syrah Humboldt County
2016 CABOT The Hills Syrah/Cab Franc/Viognier Humboldt County
2019 CABOT Marier Zinfandel Humboldt County
2020 CARLISLE Carlisle Zinfandel Russian River Valley
2021 CARLISLE Carlisle Zinfandel Russian River Valley
2021 CARLISLE Old Hill Ranch Zinfandel + Field Blend Sonoma Valley
2021 CARUCCI–NEW Persona Non Grata Merlot/Cab Franc Santa Barbara County
2021 CARUCCI–NEW Greengate Pinot Noir Edna Valley
2022 CARUCCI–NEW Rose Santa Ynez Valley
2019 CARUCCI–NEW Duvarita Syrah Santa Barbara County
2021 CATERWAUL Regusci Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District
2021 COLLUVIAL “Las Nenas” La Rinconada Chardonnay Santa Rita Hills
2019 COLLUVIAL “MT” Sanford & Benedict Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2020 COLLUVIAL “Adris’s Cuvee” La Rinconada Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2022 DELMORE Bassi Pinot Noir San Luis Obispo Coast
2022 DELMORE Deer Ridge Trail Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains
2020 DONNACHADH Estate Chardonnay Santa Rita Hills
2020 DONNACHADH Estate Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2019 DONNACHADH Estate Syrah Santa Rita Hills
2021 DUNSTAN Durell Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2021 DUNSTAN Durell Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2021 DUNSTAN Durell Syrah Sonoma Coast
2022 FOGLINE Zephyr’s Block Chardonnay Petaluma Gap
2021 FOGLINE Hillside Block Pinot Noir Petaluma Gap
2021 FOGLINE Cloud 12 Syrah Petaluma Gap
2021 FOGLINE Rocky Ridge Zinfandel Rockpile
2020 FOXEN Block UU - Bien Nacido Chardonnay Santa Maria Valley
2020 FOXEN Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2020 FOXEN Williamson-Doré Syrah Los Olivos District
2018 GREYSCALE Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford
2019 GREYSCALE Merlot Napa Valley
2022 HOLUS BOLUS Bien Nacido Roussanne Santa Maria Valley
2021 JOY FANTASTIC Estate Syrah Santa Rita Hills
2022 KUTCH Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 KUTCH Falstaff Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 KUTCH Bohan Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 KUTCH Bohan–Graveyard Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 KUTCH McDougall Ranch Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 KUTCH Mindego Ridge Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains
2020 L’ENVOLEE–NEW Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
2019 LaBARGE–NEW Grenache Santa Rita Hills
2021 LaBARGE–NEW Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2019 LADD CELLARS Giesler Baron Cabernet Franc Sierra Foothills
2018 LADD CELLARS Cuvee Voile Chardonnay California
2021 LADD CELLARS Cuvee Voile Chardonnay California
2016 LADD CELLARS Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2012 LADD CELLARS Nash Mill Pinot Noir Anderson Valley
2015 LADD CELLARS Moore Ranch Pinot Noir Russian River Valley
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Peterson Vineyard Chardonnay Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Cortada Alta Vineyard Chardonnay Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Boekenoogen Vineyard Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Peterson Vineyard Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Cortada Alta Vineyard Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Aubaine Vineyard Pinot Noir San Luis Obispo County
2021 LORING WINE COMPANY Kessler-Haak Vineyard Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2020 LORING WINE COMPANY Aubaine Vineyard Pinot Noir San Luis Obispo County
2020 LORING WINE COMPANY Kessler-Haak Vineyard Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2020 LORING WINE COMPANY Peake Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2020 LORING WINE COMPANY Quinta Santa Rosa Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2020 LORING WINE COMPANY Rancho La Vina Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills
2014 LORING WINE COMPANY Pinot Noir Brut Sparkling Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LUCIA Soberanes Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2022 LUCIA Rose of Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 LUCIA Susan’s Hill Syrah Santa Lucia Highlands
2015 MATTHIASSON Cabernet Sauvignon Oak Knoll District
2022 MATTHIASSON Linda Vista Chardonnay Napa Valley
2022 MATTHIASSON Rose–multiple cepages California
2021 MODEL FARM Berger Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain
2016 NATIVE 9 Rancho Ontiveros Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2017 NATIVE 9 Rancho Ontiveros Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2021 OBSIDIAN–NEW Volcanic Estate Obsidian Rid Cabernet Sauvignon Red Hills Lake County
2022 OBSIDIAN–NEW Triple Junction Red Blend OR/CA/WA
2021 RIVERAIN Tench Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville
2022 RIVERAIN Silver Eagle Pinot Noir Green Valley
2021 RIVERAIN–1 BOTTLE…1 OZ POURS ONL Tench Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville
2021 RIVERS-MARIE Panek Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena
2021 RIVERS-MARIE Thieriot Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2022 RIVERS-MARIE Summa Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 RIVERS-MARIE Bodega Thieriot Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2021 RODNICK.farm Pinot Noir Chalone/Gabilan
2022 SANDLER Weiler Merlot Sonoma Valley
2022 SANDLER Boer Pinot Noir Chalone
2022 SANDLER Bien Nacido Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2022 SANDLER Cortada Alta Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands
2021 SOJOURN Stagecoach Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford
2022 SOJOURN Gap’s Crown Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2022 SOJOURN UV Lucky Well Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2021 STONE EDGE FARM–NEW Bordeaux Blanc Moon Mountain
2019 STONE EDGE FARM–NEW Surround Red Bordeaux Blend Sonoma Valley
2021 STORY OF SOIL Bentrock Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2021 STORY OF SOIL Duvarita Syrah Santa Barbara County
2016 SWEETZER CELLARS Huber Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2016 SWEETZER CELLARS Presqu’ile Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
2016 SWEETZER CELLARS La Encantada Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2021 SWITCHBACK RIDGE Peterson Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
2021 SWITCHBACK RIDGE Peterson Petite Sirah Napa Valley
2023 TABLAS CREEK Patelin de Tablas Rose Paso Robles Adelaida Distri
2023 TABLAS CREEK Dianthus Rose Paso Robles Adelaida Distri
2023 TABLAS CREEK Vermentino Paso Robles Adelaida Distri
2021 TERCERO Curtis Cabernet Franc Santa Barbara County
2022 TERCERO Jurassic Chenin Blanc Santa Barbara County
2022 TERCERO The Outlier Dry Gewurztraminer Santa Barbara County
2022 TERCERO Trilogia Gren Blanc / Clairette Blanche / Malvasia Bia Santa Barbara County
2015 TERCERO Larner Grenache Ballard Canyon
2021 TERCERO Kessler-Haak - 777 Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2021 TERCERO Kessler-Haak - 115 Pinot Noir Santa Rita Hills
2015 TERCERO White Hawk Syrah Santa Barbara County
2017 TOR–NEW Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville
2021 WILLIAM & MARY Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville
2021 WILLIAM & MARY Shifflett Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon Oak Knoll District
2021 WILLIAM & MARY Proprietary Red Shifflett Ranc Red Bordeaux Blend Oak Knoll District
5 Likes

I’m alive!

When the sun set the bubbleheads came out like vampires! That was a lot of champagne.

I wrote up about 25 wines. I tasted a few more. :joy: I’ll get to them in the next day or so.

I have a few pictures I’ll post.

I saw @T_Melloni with a notepad!

@Uli_K is awesome. Rookie of the Year award. Great meeting him.

The upstairs has never been more popular, the lineup of cabs, Merlot, zins, and blends was a blockbuster. Murderer’s row of Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

@Francine_Haight can you post some pictures here?

The Pinot table in the dinning room. Something for everyone

There was another smaller Pinot table in the office and whites outside and big reds upstairs

Fick, Fick, The Warden, Fick

IMG_20240218_114437

More Fick’s There’s lots of them!
IMG_20240218_114426

Seiber, Fick, Fick, FMIII, Jen French, Chris, Fick
IMG_20240218_114420

Blah, blah, blah, Ramon, Astrid, and Melloni
IMG_20240218_114405

Brig, Larry Piggins

1 Like

@AstridKG was hammering out notes! We did whites together

This was the staging area as we set up.

Leftover unopened bottles that we listed and have readied for auction in Commerce Corner. @ToddFrench is working on getting stuff posted.

My dog at the end of the night. Toast!

3 Likes

Fantastic summary message Frank—you always express the uniqueness of what this is and has been so eloquently, and terrific pics so far.

It is always an honour to be included in this and I again thank everyone for making my friends, Marnie and Brad, so welcome.

Looking forward to seeing more notes. I still feel good that I did get to try as much as I did.

Hugs to all

Mike

1 Like

Happy to hear you enjoyed the Ladd CF, Todd. And delightful to see Mike’s positive comments on the Cuvee Voile, too. It’s been a slow burn for me, but I’ve slowly been coming to the opinion that Eric deserves A LOT more attention for his wines. And there’s a good chance I never would have known of his wines but for Berserker Day.

3 Likes

Yes, but specifically and only for the Cuvee Voile. Not true for the Sonoma Coast bottling.

3 Likes

Excellent notes, and fantastic photos from everyone.

The Matthiasson Cabernet Sauvignon has been a favorite for well over a decade. Delivers every single vintage.

2 Likes

My favorite Cabernet of the lineup.

And the Matthiason Chardonnay Linda Vista was my favorite white.

Note: didn’t taste Ladd because I have them and LOVE them

1 Like

Matthiasson is a very Berserker style winery. Organic and nothing overdone.

Lotta years of wine board community time spread across this photo. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Here are some photos from yesterday’s wine stations.

1 Like