Top Chef Season 10: Seattle- Blog

she deserved to be cut but Rosie should have been sent home too. How do you serve a raw turkey? Ever hear of a thermometer?

Top Chef contestants keep making the same mistakes every season. If someone wins immunity and there is a team exercise for the second half of the show then the person with immunity should never be given a pivotal role on the team. The odds always seem to favor the person with immunity fucking it up for the rest of the team.

Josie…

And she had immunity, so they couldn’t send her. That said, Tom made a point to bring her to judges table to make it clear to her that she was the reason why her team lost.

BTW, did anyone else notice CJ step up and lead his team pretty effectively? Maybe he has grown some chops over the years even if he is missing some balls.

yah. she had immunity. thus my point about people with immunity being put in pivotal roles being a mistake. happens over and over again on that show.

did notice that about CJ. didn’t realize he was a cancer survivor.

Just caught up on this season and I have to say it’s not bad. The cooking seems pretty interesting and the skill levels high. My one real complaint: the cinematograhy has gotten extremely drama-driven and obnoxious. The zooming in on the contestants’ faces and the fast pans are amazingly annoying.

Well hello Padma!

(There are some fetching pix of her that are already out there for the world to see - but I will do some research here - all in the name of culinary advancement.)

I have unfortunately had over-scheduled Wednesdays and have only seen part of the first episode and a rerun of Thanksgiving. Until one gets a feel for the cheftestants, it is hard to get a grip on the season. But everyone’s comments help!

Another good episode. I’m finding Seattle to be one of the better locations in awhile. The quality of the cooking so far is miles ahead of last year’s group.

There is a merciful God. Motormouth is gone for her terrible squab. Loved how Stefan totally torpedoed her by basically assigning it to her. Chrissy also deservedly went home for serving a very soggy salad, though mustache man and CJ easily could’ve been sent home.

Nice to see Kristen win for her side dishes, though it really wasn’t all that surprising. If there’s a constant thread that’s run through all the seasons it’s that extremely well made simple dishes win because you can’t hide what’s there and the judges really appreciate that.

Looks like things hit the fan next week as the coming attractions suggest Tom is so pissed, he sends a team home.

Thought that the dishes that resulted from the quickfire challenge were particularly good.

Carla’s Peas in season 6 (?, I forget which season. the hootie hoo woman) that was served to Jacques Pepin is another example of simple dish. Good technique and execution.

Thank God Carla’s gone, I couldn’t stand her voice/attitude/volume, and her cooking while OK wasn’t up to TC standards. Any of the 4 bottoms could have been sent home, but I think they chose correctly.

my girlfriend and i got up off the couch, high-fived, and debated opening some '02 Dom to celebrate her departure…

I wouldn’t have been upset if Josh went home either.

I would have been really happy if Josh and his mustache had been sent home. Glad to see Kuniko win the first round of Last Chance Kitchen. Carla is gone forever…

Not necessarily. You can vote to “save a chef”: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10/vote/save-a-chef

We can safely say nobody will be voting to save her.

I sure hope so but… Redirecting...

Taking bets from anyone who wants to play that she will not be back.

The first real downer episode so far, imo. The first challenge was just silly. Breakfast on a stick? Come on.

As for the elimination challenge, you know, maybe those finished artisanal products just aren’t meant to be used as ingredients? Granted, it’s pretty clear that just about every team could’ve and should’ve done a better job. CJ and Tyler were the obvious choice for really doing nothing other then breading and frying the pickle slices and sticking them on a crappy pork burger. I think John and Josh got the pass because the judges realized the big tension between the two. Josh really needs to go.

This episode also loses points for overusing the word, “artisanal.” Ultimately, I felt bad for CJ. Returning to the show seemed like a desperate move, and he seemed uncomfortable throughout. Which is not to say that he didn’t deserve to go. It was a bad idea, poorly executed.

Buh bye CJ. Weak. But he is hanging on in LCK.

The ironic thing is that in his exit statement he seemed to blame the team. Well, big guy, it was your stupid idea to stick pickles on a burger.