Top Chef Season 10: Seattle- Blog

I thought it was interesting how calmly she described the dish to the judges.

Carla can look very alluring
764_chef_carla_300x250.jpg
BUt mostly she looks pinched, stressed, and fairly crazed (and I’d bet those lips aren’t real).

Well, they did stand out in a way…negatively.

Why did they take the quail off the bone? The best quail I have had have been butterflied and grilled. It doesn’t surprise me that deboned quail ended up being overcooked.

eventually i might start watching this season. i guess interest is fading

Paging Chris Grimm!

Why don’t they just rename the show “Top Sex” and get it over with? rolleyes

she’s posed nude before years ago. The only difference this time is that she’s gonna get very airbrushed and get a lot more money

Despite the (maybe juvenile) commentary on all the women contestant’s looks, the show is fun regardless— amazing to see these chefs turn out such gorgeous dishes (and I’m assuming, deliciuos food) under these conditions and within the time frames given to them.

But yeah, even my son, 15 years old, NEVER misses an episode, and he likes food but isn’t that into cooking-- I think a lot of it has to do with Padma (and he was SHOCKED when he found out how old she was, he was guessing early 20’s) but also just the fun of the competition.

I slightly prefer Top Chef Masters for the pure competition/cooking part, but Top Chef has higher entertainment value overall.

Padma Lakshmi In ‘Playboy’: ‘If I Kissed You, I Could Probably Tell What You Had For Lunch’

Read Padma’s full interview with Playboy here.

Really?

Thanksgiving meal. Who knew you could get to the top 3 by making mashed potatoes (1# potato + 1# butter = winning). Sort of indicative of what another weak episode it was. Undercooked turkey (eh more like raw), undercooked potato pave, undercooked greens. The list of ungreatness was long.

Carla wins the round with her soup and Kuniko goes home because of her pave. It really should have been Josie who went home with her nearly raw turkey she served to the judges table. She had the audacity to call it “medium.” I guess they don’t teach you to use thermometers in cooking school anymore. Kuniko didn’t finish her quick fire in time and they foreshadowed her going home during the dinner. She was helping out on other dishes and probably ran out of time to do her own thing. Another contestant asked if she had enough time to do her dish and she responded; “I think so.” Obviously not.

John continues to prove that he has some sort of chip on his shoulder about his age.

I don’t think john’s chip on his shoulder is just his age. He just has a major chip on his shoulder period.

How in the world do you serve a raw turkey on Thanksgiving. It showed she had no clue when she acted lIke it might have been overcooked. Did I miss them brining the birds or did they not even consider it?

The mashed potatoes proves the tried and true TC strategy of making a simple dish perfectly. That’s all you have to do to win. The contestants always overthink things and go home as a result.

He runs kind of hot from what I’ve read. They’re going to keep him around to make things interesting. I think the girl who got cut last night was because nobody could understand a word she said and it wasn’t cute/funny like Fabio or Stefan…

I think the girl who was cut last night was cut because (a) she had no notion of timing, (b) she didn’t season her dish at all, and (c) she served raw potatoes. It was obvious she was going to be cut long before the judge’s table. No conspriacy theories required. Under-cooked AND under-seasoned are the two kisses of death.

Very true. Pommes puree is just a carrier to deliver butter to the diner’s mouth =D

John lacks social grace (don’t rag on a chef who gets sent home), but he was absolutely right… How in the world do you undercook and fail to season a potato dish properly when you had 5 hours?