Total Wine Pappy Offer

Many thanks, Scott!

Scott’s answer is great but since this is a case where milliseconds might count, I’ll also add that:

• The three Pappy’s (15, 20, 23) are at the very bottom and separated from the Old Rip and Van Winkle Special by the 5 BTAC
  • When you get to the payment page your credit card won’t be pre-populated even if it’s already saved. You need to select your card from a drop down menu and then it will fill in all the fields.

It was a bit of a blur but I think there was also one more screen than I was expecting (a confirmation screen or something) so stay on the ball until you get to the “Congratulations!” screen.

Good luck!

Good stuff, Ben. Thanks!

Agreed, the button at the bottom after payment method said “Review Your Order” and once pushed, the next screen said “Place Your Order”.

I think it is fair to say that roughly 0% of successful Pappy buyers “reviewed” their order

Man. So all of you buy that much from TW to be GR members?!?

2 cases of 2016 Bordeaux was enough to put me in that category… I’ve put every other purchase on my wife’s account but she hasn’t made it to GR yet

If I turned around and monetized the Pappy (I won’t) the wine was almost free.

TW has good prices/selection on liquor to support my bourbon habit, plus there aren’t many decent wine shops in my area. There is one for harder to find wine selections - at higher prices of course, and there is Total Wine or Whole Foods for most else. TW has better prices than WF.

This looks to be the 2nd year in a row I’ll get to GR level. I’ve mostly stopped buying from winery mailing lists, so it is easier now to get there. I get Loring, Siduri, and others there now, when I have budget versus when I get an offer. I like that better.

Are allocations based on state or specific store?

I got lucky snagging a couple of high dollar bottles of vino this year. Probably getting some expensive whisky next year that should keep me in the GR tier.

Got my order confirmation of a PVW 23 year. champagne.gif [dance-clap.gif]

Wow, congratulations! champagne.gif

I played it safe aiming for the 20 but I admire your confidence in racing everyone to the 23.

Same here, was one of the lucky few to snag the 23. But kinda bummed I only ended up with a rip10 as my second bottle from my other account. I tried searching for a store with a 20 for too long :confused:

JKim: were our tips helpful?

Next time ask for some help… I enjoyed the rush to buy and would’ve happily helped you snag a second bottle [cheers.gif]

Hellz yeah! I was able to secure a PVW 23 and you and Scott’s tips were really helpful. The pages still took forever to load but got the confirmation email. I think TW should separate NoCal from SoCal as I think there are tons of GR members in CA. The whole process could have been smoother but at least the site didn’t crash again.

Wow, great job everyone!! I am impressed.

I too must extend my thanks for the very helpful tips provided by WBers who bought in the previous days. Made navigating and anticipating what to do next extremely easy.

Looks like it was CA and AZ GR members that were all elbowing each other to try and get orders in. After I got my confirmation, I went back in a few minutes later to see if selection varied from store to store. Every store I pulled up, whether in AZ/NorCal/SoCal, were all sold out of the same items and had only ORVW 10 and TH Handy Sazerac left as choices.

Interesting, my offer was SC, GA, and MD…weird combination. The SC and GA offerings seemed to sell out at the exact same time, so may have come from the same set of inventory. The MD offer lingered for a while, with only Winkle 10, 12, and Handy available in each MD store for that duration.

I was in AZ. Had a bottle of 20 year in my cart since I still have some 23 left from 2016 and the site froze on me and I couldn’t place my order. My backup was William Larue Weller but didn’t get that either. Settled for the Thomas Handy Sazerac. I prefer the offline method where I can just drive there same day and get my choice of PVW.