Total Wine Pappy Offer

I was told there was no 20y released in IL.

Interesting. I guess everyone will prefer the method with which they are successful but I much prefer an online method… no way I would have been able to take the time to go down to the store and buy in person. I wonder what the overall reception was (especially given the false start) and whether they will do the same again next year.

I think one bottle total of either PVW or BTAC is fair and spreads the wealth. Also like TW rewarding their customers that have spent the most at their stores. There will never be a fair way of distributing allocated items and someone will always feel screwed, but the online first come first serve is as good as any method. Definitely better than lining up overnight for a chance of purchasing a bottle. Lining up is lame.

Received my bottle of Sazerac 18 today!

^^^ Drink it in good health!!!

Waiting impatiently for the notification that I can pick up my prize from TW.

Got my notification last night

Drink yours in good health, as well!

I’m guessing since the CA/AZ online scrum was a day or so later than what Eastern Time Zone GR members had to endure, I’ll hopefully get notification in the next day or two.

What’s the minimum spend to make the Grand Reserve list? heh.

$2,500

I guess technically that’s right but there are ways around it much cheaper if you’re just after the Pappy (although there’s no guarantee that you’ll get it).

For one, “Winery Direct”/“Spirits Direct” products are credited at x1.5 other products, so that brings it down to $1,666.

Also, Bordeaux Futures only require a 50% deposit and are all “Winery Direct” but get credited as purchases immediately for the full amount, so that’s $833.

Plus your status is good for the year you earned it and the following year, so 2017 en primeur gets you access to 2018 and 2019 releases of Pappy.

So, in conclusion, for a mere $417 per year (ave.) you too can have the possibility of maybe buying an expensive bottle of bourbon at retail… plus you have the option to pay the amount owing on that Bordeaux to get those bottles too, I guess. And you get invited to some tastings throughout the year. I think that’s all the benefits.

I was on a plane with spotty WiFi so only ended up with a Handy. I scored a lot B in 2016 though which was nice because I opened it the night I got engaged so I’ll always have a spot in my heart for Pappy, no matter how overrated

It’s great stuff, I’d never call it over-rated. Overpriced? Yes, for me anyway. But when i can get a dram in a glass, I always enjoy it quite a bit.

I guess it’s easy to be “overrated” when you’re at the top

They just did this first come first serve thing in Washington- most sold out in 2-3 minutes- or wasn’t available based on my store preference. Having had access to a bunch of PVW 15, 20 a few years back (and still having a 20), decided to go for (and got) a bottle of the Eagle 17

As one of our most valued customers, you have the chance at 9:00 AM PDT Monday, October 22, 2018 to make an online purchase of one of the world’s most sought-after spirits–ONE bottle of Pappy Van Winkle OR another prized whiskey from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. Learn how, below.

Prices were:
Old RVW 10- $109.97
VW Special Reserve 12- $119.97
Eagle 17- $134.97
George T Stagg- $134.97
Sazerac 18 Rye- $134.97
Thomas Handy Rye- $134.97
William Larue Bourbon- $134.97
PVW 15- $159.97
PVW 20- $249.97
PVW 23- $429.97

Gotta say, this is the only thing that makes me miss the old state run liquor system. In the last year of it, I was able to track down a mixed 6 pack of PVW 15 and 20 for way way less.

Whoa. Pretty good appreciation in one year. :slight_smile:

I’d have bought an ER 17 if I could’ve.

Scott

Is that for this years releases ?

You can have some of mine.

I presume so- the offer was just today.
Just for clarification- the second set of prices I posted were from a year ago.

I haven’t received anything for this year yet… when did you get the email warning you?